Seeking Recommendations For Graphic Design Software In 3d Printing

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by gillshreyas, Nov 24, 2023.

1. gillshreyas
    gillshreyas Member
    I am currently facing a bit of a dilemma regarding the graphic design software I use for my 3D printing projects. I've come to realize that exploring new options might enhance my design capabilities. I'm reaching out to the community to gather insights on the best graphic design software for 3D printing. Are there specific programs you've found particularly effective in terms of user-friendliness, intricate design capabilities, or seamless integration with 3D printing tools?
    Your recommendations and experiences will be immensely valuable as I navigate through this decision-making process. Thank you all in advance for your expertise.
    MymilestoneCard

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
  2. bwterrainforge
    bwterrainforge Well-Known Member
    I do alot of hard designs. I use Rhino which is for largley for jewelry and architecture models but cal out put stls. I do some guessing to make my items compliant with the materials being used. It would be great if there was a app for rhino where I can put in material specs and have the nurbs object show where it is out of spec. I use meshmixer (free) to make items solid in cases where rhino has issues I can also do some basic repairs and sculpting with it as well. I have started using blender and there are people who use it as their one and only solution. It can do cad, repairs and sculpting. It has a huge community on social media to ask for help.