Searching For A Reliable Service

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lisanovak, Apr 10, 2024.

1. lisanovak
    lisanovak Member
    I've been searching for a reliable service to upload my models, and Shapeways often comes up as a top recommendation. Yet, when I upload my model there, I find that the cost for versatile plastic is significantly higher—often three to four times more—compared to PLA pricing from services like 3DHubs. Additionally, I've observed that the price for the same model can vary based on the sequence in which I select options. Is this a common experience? How can I find a service that offers both quality printing and affordability?

2. bwterrainforge
    bwterrainforge Well-Known Member
    Yes. I even see differences in price is you mirror a object.
    If you are printing for yourself I would suggest comparing prices across different providers, 3d craft cloud, xometry I have used in the past. Also keep in mins shapeways owns all the printers. other services many time are a network of shops and from order to order you can get different pricing. one month is a shop next state over, next its a shop in mexico so check all the way through to the final price because you can lose your shirt on shipping =)

HarperWard likes this.
  3. HarperWard
    HarperWard Member
    Thanks, I will check the price, if I still want to know more, I will ask by starting my own thread. I hope you won't mind.

4. Thank you so much for the information.