[RESOLVED] Strange Texture Issue

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by Rawrlers, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Rawrlers
    Rawrlers Member
    [Removed Temporarily]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    The problem is you some how doubled your wings. There are double meshes which are causing your issues.

3. Rawrlers
    Rawrlers Member
    [Removed Temporarily]

4. Rawrlers
    Rawrlers Member
    Finished the rest of the model and sent in my order! :D *unreasonably excited*

5. Rawrlers
    Rawrlers Member
    [Removed Temporarily]

6. Youknowwho4eva
    First contact Service@shapeways.com to get your order canceled and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on now.

If you put up your latest model I can look at that, but looks like you have the wings sitting right on it's back. If the meshes overlap it'll cause the software issues. I think if you move the wings just a little inside the body, that may fix it. The software doesn't have issues if solids overlap, but if meshes sit face to face, that causes issues.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  7. Rawrlers
    Rawrlers Member
    [Removed Temporarily]

8. Youknowwho4eva
    There you go! They'll help you out, get you a coupon code to get it re-ordered.

9. Rawrlers
    Rawrlers Member
    [Removed Temporarily]

10. Youknowwho4eva
    They'll get the money straight. As far as the 10th. FCS is listed as 10 working days, so you may be cutting it a little too close. I'd expect it to arrive the 13th but early deliveries aren't unheard of.

11. Rawrlers
    Rawrlers Member
    [Removed Temporarily]

12. Youknowwho4eva
    Ah ok, so it counts today as day one.

13. Rawrlers
    Rawrlers Member
    Customer Service emailed me back first thing this morning, got my other ordered cancelled no problem. Thanks a lot for the help, can't wait to see how the print turns out!

14. Youknowwho4eva
    Luckily I was sick yesterday evening and spent my time on Shapeways :p. Glad I could help, can't wait to see it in the "It Arrived" section.

15. Rawrlers
    Rawrlers Member
    [Removed Temporarily]

16. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Hey Belarr, if you were told 10 days, you're probably ok but I'd still recommend letting service@shapeways.com know that this is a Valentine's Day gift.

That doesn't guarantee that they can prevent any potential issue, but better to let people know! ;)

17. Rawrlers
    Rawrlers Member
    Thanks for the advice! You're right, it's better to let people know in case there's any problems that slow it down or what not. I just sent them an email.

18. Rawrlers
    Rawrlers Member
    [Removed Temporarily]

19. Rawrlers
    Rawrlers Member
    I got an email back from them that said as long as there's no problems it should be here before Valentine's Day, here's hoping!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  20. Youknowwho4eva
    I think your file should be ok. I can't promise it, but the thin parts should be seen as details. You should know within the next day or two. Either way it's the thought that counts, the receiver should realize that. Last year my Valentines day gift didn't get here till June because of mistakes I made in learning silver.