Reaction lamp

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by nervoussystem, Aug 12, 2010.

1. nervoussystem
    nervoussystem Member
    thanks Peter. I think the price is not so bad actually, considering the price of other modern pendant lamps which run in the $2000 to $8000 range. But if we intend to sell this retail (ie. through stores) the price will have to be much higher....at least $1000

I think at $500 we can actually sell quite a few of them through our website with proper promotion. It would be more tricky to sell them through shapeways as there is no way to offer them as a finished package.

2. One way to sell through Shapeways might be to offer buyers to send the other parts separately for free, if they send you their shapeways invoice for the lamp by mail. You might have to think about how you can make this totally fool proof, but it could be a possibility.

If you're willing to share: do you do your own websites promotion through blogs, or do you know of better and other ways?

Cheers, Michiel

3. wonderful, wonderful.
    :eek:

i will now try to make a lamp too.

which material is better for lamps?
    transparent or white detail / strong and flexible?

4. berky93
    berky93 Member
    Wow, looks great. I think I'll have to make a lamp some time. Maybe something glass...

5. nervoussystem
    nervoussystem Member
    Hi Michiel,

To some extent I let the internet take care of things on its own because I'd rather spend my time designing than promoting. But we do particpate in trade shows and craft fairs. We also post photos on flickr, videos on vimeo, respond to press inquiries we receive and we sell wholesale to stores around the globe.

6. Thanks! Great work, i'm amazed. And you're media strategy doesn't sound too bad either :)