Polished Colored WSF questions: yes, unpolished black and white remain...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alienology, Oct 10, 2012.

1. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Perfect answer...we are indeed waiting for today's release to go live first, so you can see the new colors in the material picker...

Stay tuned, it's not far away!

Best,
    Natalia

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
  3. gibell
    gibell Well-Known Member
    Here is a screen snap just taken of a new upload! No polished colors, but colored WSF is cheaper than normal WSF!!??
    Materials.png

4. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Blog says
    colored WSF will be 10% cheaper until Oct 31, so thelist you got is probably correct.

5. Youknowwho4eva
    Non polished colors are no longer available, so all the colors you see are polished.

6. Zeeflyboy
    Zeeflyboy Member
    except the black according to what I have read here, which is pretty confusing. I think there should be a note saying what is polished and what is not.

I also would really like to see black polished - what is the reason this isn't currently available as an option along with the others?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  7. Youknowwho4eva
    I don't know the exact reasoning, all I know it's in the process of happening. We want to make sure we do it right, and with an unmatched consistency.

8. Zeeflyboy
    Zeeflyboy Member
    Thanks for that - so hopefully black should soon join the other colours as being available polished?

Could you be so kind as to post here if you hear when it might be available? I have some parts waiting that I would love to try in a new black and polished material....

Cheers

9. Youknowwho4eva
    As soon as that information is available, it will be emailed to all shop owners, blogged about, posted about, etc. I can't give any advanced knowledge, I usually don't know myself till I see the emails :laughing: . I can tell you these colors and black are just the beginning.

10. gibell
    gibell Well-Known Member
    Awesome! Looks like the new colors are working!

The one thing that I find confusing is that the new colors are not listed as "polished". People may assume they are not if they haven't read the latest announcements ...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  11. duann
    duann Member
    Hey All,

Correct all Nylon SLS colors are polished by default EXCEPT for black.

Black is a different dyeing process that reacts poorly to polished models.

We will soon be moving to polished black nylon so all of your designs will be consistently awesome.

12. SteveWinter
    SteveWinter Member
    If you are using a higher resolution printing for the new polished colors it would be good to do some resolution tests with the new printing. This would be similar to the Shapeways Design rules & detail resolution for SLS 3D printing on this page:
    https://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/design_rules_for_3d_print ing
    If there are higher resolutions options that Shop owners know how to design with, then they can utilize these to make new designs that may not have been possible before. It will also give designers the information they need on what to expect when they print with the new colors.

Also, will you be using the new higher resolution with White Strong and Flexible polished also?

The new colors look really great. But for the models I make I would just like some information on what various resolution models will look like before I start using these.

Best Regards

13. mkroeker
    Duann had already clarified the "higher resolution printer" later that same day (message #55213 in this same thread)
    to mean the same model they are/were already using for WSF. So there are probably no adjustments to be made on
    our (customer) side, it is just that print quality should look a tiny bit nicer than previous dyed models as a side effect
    of retiring the older hardware.

14. TOM_TOM_TOM
    TOM_TOM_TOM Well-Known Member
    So, from the previous posts, am I correct that:

WSF is not polished, lower resolution machine
    WPSF is polished, lower resolution machine
    BSF is not polished, lower resolution machine
    all other colored WSF is polished and printed in higher resolution?

15. mkroeker
    From my reading of Duann's post #55213 in this thread on Thu, 11 October 2012 18:37 UTC:
    this should probably be :

WSF is not polished
    WSFP is polished
    BSF is not polished
    all other colored WSF is polished

and all use the same ("high") resolution printer, while the old "colored WSF" before the process upgrade
    was done on a lower resolution machine that has since been decomissioned.

16. TOM_TOM_TOM
    TOM_TOM_TOM Well-Known Member
    "old colored" as in black, or just all models made before Oct. 17?

All SF now made with the higher resolution?