Not for sale issue and updates

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by sublimate, Jul 16, 2010.

1. AotrsCommander
    AotrsCommander Well-Known Member
    Um...guys...not to be alarmist, or anything, but said bug appears to be spreading. Almost all of my stuff is now reading "not for sale." I sort of thought I should mention it...

2. photosfromrob
    photosfromrob Member
    Hacked????

3. jasolo
    jasolo Member
    After finding again "not for sale" items and checked that my old trick of reordering doesn't work anymore, I have found a new trick, but it doesn't solve the risk of being again "not for sale":

1. Choose a "not for sale" item and click the Save button below "Add a product description". Refresh your shop page and check if all the items are again for sale.

2. Check your products periodically while the bug is present and reapply step 1 when necessary.

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    As far as I know (reading through the 6 topics on this issue) it is not a hack issue. It's a code issue that Shapeways is aware of, and working diligently to fix. I, myself just checked my models and one that was reading not for sale is now listing the price. Unless there is a TRON like search and destroy going on it's a bug.

5. robert
    robert Member
    Hi,

We have a fix under test for this and expect it to be released this next Monday.

I am not confident enough to release this just before the weekend.

Best,

Robert

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Ok, I merged these topics into one so that all the questions and answers are in one place. Merge feature worked pretty much how I was expecting. Now we have 4 Robert responses in a row, but I'll fix that.

7. robert
    robert Member
    Thanks for merging of the topics. I appreciate it.

The fix is scheduled for release tomorrow morning @ 9.00 CET.

8. barrys
    barrys Shapeways Employee Dev Team
    We placed a fix for this problem. All not for sale problems should now be solved.

Barry

9. photosfromrob
    photosfromrob Member
    I still have 7, that's far from solved.

10. Youknowwho4eva
    I can understand your frustration, but to help could you put a link to your still troubled models?

I see this one in my shop. https://www.shapeways.com/model/120079/disc_cover_bottom.html

Also I grouped everything here so we can get to the bottom of it and have a solution and everyone be able to find it. Please don't start another thread on the same subject.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  11. robert
    robert Member
    Sorry about this. We will look into this again first thing tomorrow morning.

- Robert

12. barrys
    barrys Shapeways Employee Dev Team
    Seems the cache for the prices were not regenerated. We did this now, so it should be ok now. I couldnt find any occurences of not for sale (that had it earlier today) anymore.

Please let us know if you can still find one and we'll look at it again.

Barry