New Website Ui Need Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Johnmash1, May 25, 2021.

1. Johnmash1
    Johnmash1 Member
    Well, I haven't had a print done through here in over a year. I just uploaded a file last night and noticed how everything had changed. They have changed the UI and hid the thin walls warnings that were easily visible before and because of that I got a nice email this morning telling me my file can not be printed due to the walls being too thin. I then had to dig through the forums to discover the new hard to find location for all the model info that used to be visible by default. This new UI change was a bad decision and is now going to make me have to wait even longer to get my print made. I don't see the benefits of this new UI. It also seems like they have a much smaller list of print material options as well.

2. barkingdigger
    barkingdigger Well-Known Member
    You're a couple years behind the curve complaining about the UI - it's the subject of TONS of other posts! It is very hard to navigate, and worse still it hides the marketplace so potential customers are driven away. All part of the "New Shapeways" that came with the American takeover.

As for the materials, it will hide any that your model does not meet the specs for. That at least makes some sense...

3. SemperVaporo
    SemperVaporo Well-Known Member
    What a load of BALONEY! Or should I say SPAM! If you think this is a "shining example" I'd hate to see YOUR work!