New price structure

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by stannum, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Kasss_Gnarl
    Kasss_Gnarl Member
  2. B1lancer
    B1lancer Member

Even the Price Info page is out of date https://www.shapeways.com/support/pricing

It says "Order amount
    We have had people order products for $1 and for $1250, but most orders are between $50 and $150. The minimum order amount is $25 per order."

There is no longer a minimum order! Was going to wait to see how long it would take them to notice, but this seems as good a time as any to bring it up.

Just shows you how quickly (and incompetently) this new price structure was implemented, not only was it too quick for Shop owners but Shapeways themselves :laughing:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  3. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    The quickest way or reporting any errors that you spot is to jump into Shapeways Live Chat and leaving a message for Barry, 2nd to that is sending an email to service@shapeways.com, or 3rd reporting the issue in the Feedback Forum... wating to say 'I told you so' is not very grown-up, is it?

[edit] removed an f, sorry for typos

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  4. 31117_deleted
    31117_deleted Member
    Average price for my 3D printed puzzles: 130$

New average for my 3D printed puzzles: 200$

>.<

I think before implementing a new pricing structure, shapeways should think of a way not to make orders late... (5 last orders)

5. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    @gregoboyo I'm sorry that the change in pricing is a hit in wallet for you. :(

You're absolutely right, we're well aware that if we charge more, or take away free shipping, we need to step up and do a better job of delivering our end of the bargain. We're putting laser-like focus on doing just that.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  6. mctrivia
    mctrivia Well-Known Member
    [redacted]

I am curious what percentage went down.

And please shapeways UPS sucks we nead other options. You shipped my order on time. They delivered 4 days late from what there own web site said it would come in.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  7. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    I see what you're saying mctrivia. Don't want to delve into details, but edited for the sake of making my intentions clear.

8. designerica
    designerica Member
    i think ana was being sincere and not trying to offend.

it makes sense that they would need money to hire people to get the stuff to us on time.

your customers will not necessarily have to pay the shipping that you are paying. if they live in the US, they will pay 6.50. and people ARE used to paying additional for shipping. when i resell on etsy they pay $5 domestic and $13.40 international. that said, SHAPEWAYS YOU REALLY NEED TO FIND ANOTHER WAY TO SHIP.

too many of us have been burned too many times by UPS. i personally love my delivery guy, but i've lived in other places where i received godawful service. plus UPS customer service on our end is really awful. i realize that as a major customer you probably get great customer service. but it doesn't work that way for the rest of us.

ana et al: i still think you should look at the ponoko prime system. i pay them a monthly fee to get lower prices, quicker turnaround, and free shipping on orders over $100. it may not always work out in my favor in the end, but it's psychologically much easier. and it ensures that the most dedicated users get the service they need and remain happy without destroying your bottom line. plus you get a certain bulk payment each month that you can depend on regardless of orders.

9. designerica
    designerica Member
    speaking of service- i finally got that one ring that was holding up my 1400 order. almost 3 weeks late (6 weeks total). thankfully i had one in stock to send so it went out with the others. but in the future, i think it would be better to go back to notifying us of every late order by email than to go with the current "we don't tell you anything until we ship it" system. it's really frustrating given that all your customer service people are halfway across the world from me.

10. TomZ
    TomZ Member
    I am not sure how you came up with those numbers but they're not right.
    The price for WSF has only decreased. It used to have a $1.50 startup fee and $1.50 CM3 price. That startup remained the same and the CM3 price dropped by $0.10 to $1.40 per CM3. That means every WSF model lowered in price (even those affected by the density discount).
    Even once you factor in worst case $20 shipping there's no way the price could have increased by $70 on any model.

11. 31117_deleted
    31117_deleted Member
    Oh you are right Tom, it appears my browser was not showing prices with VAT anymore. The prices actually increased a bit for my small puzzles but not the 150+ ones.

Thanks !

12. SIXTHSCALE
    SIXTHSCALE Member
    i am experiencing a similar problem...

rejected models that now cost waaaay more.

13. roofoo
    roofoo Well-Known Member
    You should send Duann a message and see if you can get a coupon to cover the extra cost.

14. duann
    duann Member
    Hey SIXTHSCALE,

email me duann (at) shapeways.com with the info, order number, $ discrepancy etc.

Cheers

15. SIXTHSCALE
    SIXTHSCALE Member
    Email sent. THANKS!

16. SIXTHSCALE
    SIXTHSCALE Member
    issue resolved!

thank you shapeways for your amazing customer service!