new model page

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by stop4stuff, Sep 16, 2011.

1. duann
    duann Member
    Hey Paul,

Let's see if the time machine is 3D printed yet? I ordered it tomorrow.

2. Automaster
    Automaster Member
    Thanks for the update, it is appreciated! :)

3. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Here's part of one ;)

[​IMG]

4. TreadshotA1
    TreadshotA1 Member
    Another problem: the Update File button doesn't work (so you can't update your models anymore).

*Firefox, Windows 7

5. mctrivia
    mctrivia Well-Known Member
    I have herd this crock from shapeways emploies many times. Throughing the code up on a server and testing to see there are no compile errors is not testing. You need to make beta.shapeways.com purge all caches after upload and tell us to help with the testing. You NEED to do this for several reasons:

1) Your emploies have no sense of reallity and think that form is more important the function
    2) Your emploies are incompitant and can't run simple testing procedures like using fire box to find javascript and css errors.
    3) There are lots of us and we can tell you what works, what doesn't, help find bugs, and even give ideas how to fix.

Putting changes up like this without testing(what you do is not actually testing) first effects everyone. You waist our time since we can't get things done efficiently. And you effect our customers because they can't necisarily find things or they don't see the description. This means reduced sales which means less money for everyone.

Write up a real testing procedure. Don't relie on your employes to remember every step. And here are a few things to put in it:

1) Upload to internal test server
    2) Clear all caches
    3) Check with firebug and other testing sweets for any errors
    4) Check visual appreance and functionality of sight in landscape and portraight
    4.1) Firefox
    4.2) Internet Explorer
    4.3) Crome
    4.4) Safari
    4.5) Opera
    4.6) Blackberry
    4.7) Ipad
    5) Fix all problems and go back to 1 if there were any
    6) Upload to beta.shapeways.com and email all shop owners of new beta
    7) Clear all caches
    :cool: Fix all bugs found by us and go back to 6 if there were any
    9) Upload to main site.

6. aegidian
    aegidian Member
    I'll second that. We need that functional page design back until this new one at least works right, let alone looks right.

7. Glad to hear that. :)

Critical CSS errors (so far):

line 58 : invalid property "background-mage"

line 60 : invalid value "transparant"

line 346 : missing dimensions
    .tab-button{background:#198DE9;height:20px;font-weight:normal;border-top:1px solid black;border-left:1px solid black;border-right:1px solid black;cursor:hand;padding-top:2px;padding:2px}

line 347 : missing dimensions (for padding, two times)

line 467 : invalid dimension ("20pxi")

line 477 : invalid dimension ("20pxi")

line 1108 : invalid color value
    .infobox_separator2{height:2px;color:#00000}

line 1127 : invalid dimension ("padding-left:0x;")

Unnecessary CSS errors:

line 929 : typing error or deleted selector ?
    .black,{color:#000}

line 1282 : missing source ?
    .pluslink{height:14px;padding-left:14px;background-image:}

8. I guess that's the "Shapies who [​IMG] this" box in the right column.

Check your "Silver braille ring" page. ;)

9. mctrivia
    screen shot.jpg

love the mutilated logos. 3 logos on the page only 1 right. and why do you kill the scroll bar so I can't see the right side of the page. made some notes on the scrfeen shot.

10. duann
    duann Member
    Woah Mctrivia,

Email sent...

11. aegidian
    aegidian Member

Better yet. Let's have the old page back AS the 'edit' page.

Personally, I don't want to add any new models for sale until at least the ability to edit the description in full and upload new models are fixed. Those are showstoppers.

12. stop4stuff
    I'm going to prioritise the list on the first page.

Currently the list ends at 30

If anyone has any issues that I've not covered, add a number and the issue.

Also please can everyone look at the list and note any numbered item with a rating using the plus symbol (+) more +'s the bigger the priority.

I'll then update the op list for SW to get an idea of what needs fixing in what order.

Cheers,
    Paul

13. duann
    duann Member
    Thanks Paul

14. This is declared in the shapeways_unified.css stylesheet (so I think it has nothing to do with the new model page).

Since you're using Firefox, you could grab the "Stylish" AddOn.
    Create a new style, and use...

Helping yourself is better than just being pissed off, right ? ^^

15. mctrivia
    the points on my last post not on the list.

16. stop4stuff
    I've done what I think are the priorities...

But the biggest priority should be put it back to what it was whilst this gets fixed, however, I understand that that will not happen and that nothing will start being fixed before monday which is a bit daft really.

17. TreadshotA1
    TreadshotA1 Member
    I'm posting again because i just noticed it's been crossed off the list in the first post, but it's actually not fixed at all.

The Update Model button no longer leads to a blank page, what it does is absolutely nothing. The tab has teh little "loading" icon, but it leads nowhere, and the page happens like you didn't do anything.

I mouse overed on the button, and just like the "login with Facebook" button (which also hasn't been working for me since the new model page started...argh), it shows up "Javascript:void". I'm assuming that means in the coding, there must a "run Javascript: Action x" except then either the code for Action x is broken or it's been put under a different name, and so the code comes up as void.

Then again, i have very little knowledge with coding, all i know is it doesn't do a thing. Neither does the Login with Facebook button, and they both show the same Javascript:void thing when the mouse is over them.

Also, supporting the motion that we need to old pages back, until this one is fixed to at least workable standards (aesthetically, it'd take eternity to make it right). Right now...argh, i hate it so much...

18. stop4stuff
    'Update Model' link brings up a pane;

[​IMG]

the javascript-void link is pretty much standard these days to launch a hidden <div>

BUT - the update process is borked... same model, same units = not printable???

19. Do you allow the scripts from jquerytools.org ?
    Browser-AddOns like "NoScript" might block them.

20. 37477_deleted
    37477_deleted Member
    thanks for making it harder to get to the next picture since there is no link to go to the guys main page, the next or previous image. 3d imaging no longer works, and how will we ever know what materials won't work since you appear to have removed the list of materials the maker will allow for the ship?