new model page

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by stop4stuff, Sep 16, 2011.

1. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Where on earth did the URL go to for private (not for sale but available)?

Sorry... put it back to what is was please

2. stop4stuff
    oh and now things are working for me, I agree with the comments before...

why crop the images???

deleted :confused

3. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    @lensman: oops, sorry missed that, were trying to determine if it was a specific browser. But seems it was a cache issue.
    So it does respond properly now that the cache was flushed?

Regardig the html: They have switched from wysiwyg/rich text to html source display/edit for the edit box.

4. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Yeah, I didn't try any more edits since the first one took I assume any more would. Any particular reason why the change from WYSIWYG?

5. aegidian
    aegidian Member
    I'd like to echo those asking that their photos and product descriptions NOT be cropped.

Why should a potential buyer have to click yet another link, just to finish reading the product description?!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  6. stop4stuff
    op updated.

I still have no 3d view button on any model pages I visit, including newly uploaded models.

The 'Fatal Error - No theme Found' crops up maybe 3 times out of 10.

How can I delete a model???

7. Some elements have a height of "20 pxi" ... :confused

Is "pxi" a valid unit or a typing error ?

8. Seems like one have to click the "permalink" button first.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't look like a button...

L.jpg

9. stop4stuff
    Cheers, looks like it take a little time for the link to be made after a model is uploaded.

10. AotrsCommander
    AotrsCommander Well-Known Member
    I will add to the growing chorous that the new changes are almost all bad ones. Not only will it actually take longer to update all my models with keywords (having to type in three keywords literally triples the amount of time I have to spend for absolutely no gain to me, when before I could just cut and paste), extra clicking to do anything useful (edit should be the default, and I don't want to have to click through upmteen toggles to edit everything, either). The new interface is ugly, cluttered and I totally agree with everyone that the description should absolutely NOT be hidden away, as it's important.) The product description should not be given second place in terms of space to your materials choice.

On top of everything else, I notice my avatar in the comments box is incorrectly sized; given that it's the right size in section above, that is just sloppy.

I am not best pleased with this change, I am afraid, not at all. (Especially coming on top of my last five orders being late, despite being in SWF which is not, supposedly, delayed.)

11. stop4stuff
    Whilst messing about with keywords, I found that multiple keyword can be used in one entry box, they need to be seperated by a comma followed by a space. Seperating words with just a space will give a keyword phrase.

12. virtox
    I seem to be missing my analytics tracking code on model pages.

13. stop4stuff
    op updated and some points expanded.

14. AotrsCommander
    AotrsCommander Well-Known Member
    I also notice there does not appear to be a button that lets you add or remove all materials, which means I have to go through and manually deselect all of the materials down to the four or so my models are cleared to run on. Again, more time wasted that I didn't need to do priorly. And if there is such an option, it isn't at all obvious, which is just as bad. (As with the keywords, if you can cut and paste, to get multiple words, they should be something so that it is obvious, otherwise how on earth will anybody - especially some one new know about it? )

And the more I look at it, the more I loathe the description box xhanges; being in a grotty, easily missable grey text, the "more" button is not especially visible (if you were going for a youtube-style - though why the heck you should even consider wanting to do, because this is commericial webshop, not a social networking/video site, and shuld be taking it's cue accordingly - you failed even to make it to youtube's dubious standards.) Editing it is now much harder, since the editing box doesn't seem to expand, so if you have more than about five lines, you can't see it all at once. You also appear to have removed the formatting options as well. The description should not have less prominance than the comments box, as in a lot of cases, it's very important.

I also second the motion the model title should be at the top, not underneath the picture.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  15. Could you add "Try to validate the CSS stylesheet.", please ?

There are lots of invalid properties and values.

Examples:

ul#categoryList li ul.current li a:hover,
    ul#categoryList li ul.current li:hover,
    ul#categoryList li ul.current li ul.current li a:hover {
    background:#f5f6fb;
    background-image:none;
    }

"background-mage" won't work.

ul#categoryList li ul.current li ul li {
    background:#F5F6FB;
    border-bottom:5px solid transparant;
    }

afaik it's called "transparEnt".

div.buyableprivateaddtocart {
    position:absolute;
    top:21px;
    background:url(/img/sprite-03.png) no-repeat 0 -577px;
    width:20px;
    height:20pxi
    }

I guess that should be "px".

16. virtox
    Regarding private models:

It seems to work same as before (more or less)
    By setting a model to "offer for sale.."
    But not "display to.."

Then switch back to non-edit mode will reload the page to the secret url.

For all those tired of having to click the "edit" button, I made myself a simple html page with all my model urls and now modified the urls to:

/model/edit/<id>

That way at least on an editing day I can more quickly modify things.

@stop4stuff: thanks for compiling the issues! :)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  17. stop4stuff

There is a workaround to remove all pricing, but leave a model available... deselect all materials for the model in the Product Inventory Management (via My Shop in My Shapeways)

op updated with more, including CSS errors

18. Automaster
    Automaster Member
    Well I wasted an insane amount of time last night trying to delete some models. What the heck? This should have been announced on the sign in page! An email sent or something. Please tell me that you have some people working on the weekend to fix the issues that are present. Going out on a limb, I'm going to say that most of us designers also have jobs during the week and set aside time on the weekend to get a lot of design/uploading stuff done. This is poor customer service to change so many things with no apparent explanation other than a post on the message board and no clear forecast for when it will all be resolved. And a Friday of all times??? Sheesh.

19. duann
    duann Member
    Hey All,

I am just chiming in to say there are staff watching this forum thread, and we are taking note of your input. The development team is focused on dealing with any fixes needed so please do keep using this ONE thread to post your findings, that way it will be much more manageable to keep track.

I/we appreciate your input, be it functional, aesthetic, bug, etc. So please keep them coming. The update was trialed in our test environment but please be patient as we correct the additional issues you find.

Thanks again for your input, keep it coming..

20. stop4stuff
    Duann,

I think it a reasonable request to revert model pages back to the last iteration until all of the issues are ironed out and put to community testing before public release. (yesterday if possible ;))

Cheers,
    Paul