IP and PayPal as of July the 1st

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 470897_deleted, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Oh thanks, I knew there was a perfectly reasonable explanation even though you don't know it yourself, got it and it will remain on the down low bro. Didn't help my banks ATM wouldn't let me check my own account balances today, that one will always make you wonder!

Exactly what I was thinking or bound up in court for the duration by class action law suits. My partner isn't as paranoid as I am so he'll make the call, just hope it isn't to the men in the white suits!

For small entities like myself and many other designers a monster company like PayPal is daunting to say the least so avoiding the confrontation is the wisest path.

2. mweinberg
    mweinberg Shapeways Employee Community Team
    Hi everyone. Michael from Shapeways here. I can't comment on various tin and aluminum plots (if I'm behind them I'm not going to admit it here). I can at least give you some insight into how we are seeing this TOS change. In short, we're not too worried about it. All we send paypal is payment processing information. We don't send paypal any works protected by copyright or patent so we don't view this change as having any impact on us (if we don't provide them with content we are not licensing content to them). This isn't meant to be legal advice and if you are still worried you should consider talking to your own lawyer. That being said, it seemed important to post here to let you know how we saw all of this. Happy to answer any questions.