Inventory not updating?

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by decapod, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Daphne
    Daphne Well-Known Member
    My model is also not showing up in my store.

2. gucabe
    gucabe Member
    Same here... I uploaded a new model this morgning and it still not showing up...

Thanks.

3. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    You might see your uploaded models in the Shop Inventory if you use the default sort. Other sorts are still messed up as far as I can tell. I have 21 files that were uploaded last night that I see in Shop Inventory but do not see in the My Models list. Unfortunately I can't delete them from within the Shop Inventory so hopefully they will eventually show up in the My Model list where they can be deleted.

4. cynosurex
    cynosurex Member
    Thanks for the tip. I'll try the default sort next time I upload a model. Is there a logical order to the default sort?

5. gucabe
    gucabe Member
    Still no show on the default sort, i still have the banner that it will take a few minutes to update... its been several hours..

6. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    When you view with the default sort you are viewing the order of items in the order you set them with the display order entry boxes. Models that have not yet been given a display order number (including new ones) seem to appear at the end of the Shop Inventory list when viewed in default mode, so you might check there, although I would expect long delays. Now I'm only working with default sort without any filters in Shop Inventory since at least that appears to be showing all models unlike other sorts or filters.

I have all sorts of problems with sorting and filtering but at this point I can't tell if it's just in my store or is happening for everyone. Since it's been about 36 days of problems since the upgrade I'm going to assume these things are messed up for everyone.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  7. Rick_D_Ryo
    Rick_D_Ryo Active Member
    Same problem here, none of the models I've uploaded today are showing (whatever sort option or in the shop).
    Kinda a critical issue not having the model show up in the shop...

8. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Sorry guys, just got out of bed :)

Our dev team fixed it last night, however due to the backlog created by this issue, it will take some hours for all models to be updated.

Edit: The script is still running, as soon as we caught up, new models won't take long to show up anymore :)

Cheers,
    Mitchell

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  9. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    I can't say I'm seeing any positive changes. I still have two models set for sale and as public that have not appeared in the store, but I'm willing to go to bed now and recheck in the morning.

If we have problematic models is there a way we can nudge the system to reset the store or inventory displays? Perhaps something like toggling the sale/public options back and forth to trigger some portion of your code to get things rolling again? There really should be a way to re-trigger global sweeps of the database for a store to get everything back into tip-top shape, particularly since this could mean less work for your system administrators.

10. MANDELWERK
    MANDELWERK Well-Known Member
    NOW mine popped up in the store!

Thanx!

11. Tasker
    Tasker Member
    Yep got all of my models showing up now. Thanks for the speedy fix guys.

12. gucabe
    gucabe Member
    ok so my most recent model finally showed up but now i cant update it... so i deleted it... then i tried to upload it again and it defaults back to the home page.

Is this a different problem?

Thanks.

13. SavIsSavvy
    SavIsSavvy Member
    Hi Everyone,

This indexing issue that was causing this has been fixed! Please let us know if you're seeing any issues.

Is anyone else seeing what @gucabe is? We'll look into it on our side.

Thanks all!!

14. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    A good night's rest and my models have appeared in the store. Not bad for a night filled with dreams of talking dogs and fish dressed in suits.

But the any of the sorts other than default are still screwed up. They appear to be accessing old and outdated information about models that is days if not weeks out of date. Is it just me?

15. gucabe
    gucabe Member
    mine are uploading fine now. Thanks.