InShape 2.0 Launched...CO-CREATORS FIXED!

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 7943_deleted, Aug 19, 2012.

1. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
  2. TomZ
    TomZ Member
    As much as I am still annoyed by the currency issue, I have to say you did an awesome job on the way markups are processed. For my accounting it is a whole lot easier we now have everything on a single invoice rather than spread across individual invoices for each sale.
    I would still like the spreadsheet to be updated because it is convenient for doing calculations such as figuring the total sales per model.

3. Alex_ADEdge
    Alex_ADEdge Member
    For those wanting a spreadsheet - you can make one by opening the PDF in adobe acrobat, then going File>Save as>Spreadsheet - there will be options here for many different file formats including an excel spreadsheet or XML (handy)

Obviously this will only work when you have the invoice summary given on the 15th of every month, so you wouldnt be able to do it for the sales of a month 'in progress', but you still end up with the spreadsheet in the end anyways.

4. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Sorry, but not everyone has the paid version of Adobe Acrobat, and the free Adobe Reader doesn't let you do that - unless you pay and subscribe to an online conversion.

So, to put my vote in too, I would still like to be able to download an Excel sheet. For the amount of sales I get it's really not a big deal to add the figures myself to a spreadsheet, but for users with many sales that would be a pain.

Having said that, congrat's to the Team for the end result. Looks great.

Glenn

5. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    From the developers very early this morning:

6. Alex_ADEdge
    Alex_ADEdge Member
    Good to hear, theres certainly not really any reason in not providing the spreadsheet information, I just thought Id share the way I've temporarily been able to make one for this most recent sales summary we all received today. Didnt realize the non-paid version didnt have these features either. :confused

7. Thanks TomZ!

As Stony mentioned above, we're working on restoring the Spreadsheet so you can have full visibility into what you've sold and what happened to each and every transaction.

We understand that the currency issue is a big one and will be looking into this shortly after the dust settles from yesterday's (today's!) release.

8. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!

It's so good to hear we're making you happy. YAY

9. Bathsheba
    Bathsheba Well-Known Member
    Nice to see the sales come back. Thanks! And dittoes: the new invoices are fabu, but need a spreadsheet format.

What I want that for is to make stats: bar graphs of quantity of each design sold, quantity of each material sold, quantity of each material within a design, and quantity of each design within a material. I don't know if there are any plans to offer stats on sales as part of the site, but that's where I'd want to start....

10. Dragoman
    Dragoman Member
    I'd like to join the chorus

a) keep up the good work bug-hunting. I've doing that for many years, too, and see you are making progress.

b) Here's another vote to bring back the excel-sheet soon.

Greetings
    Dragoman

11. Bathsheba
    Bathsheba Well-Known Member
    Sorry if I'm behind the times, but is Co-Creator fully back yet?

12. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Update:
    The feed is fixed!
    woo!

I will have an update on co-creators on Wednesday.

13. dgr2
    dgr2 Member
    I have been away from Shapeways for a week or two to let the dust settle. Unfortunately I came back to find that some things still haven't changed.

In the My Orders page all the orders are wrong because they state the same address for both billing and shipping, despite my having flagged this up before. And not only are all the orders wrong in this way, but all the PDF invoices are wrong as well. For the record, the billing address is my own address, the shipping addres is to someone else. This is quite clear in My Addressess. Please correct all the orders and invoices to reflect the correct billing address and the correct shipping address. And please kill the stupid computer gizmo that puts up a 'Your Order Will Ship By date' on the orders because it is either irrelevant, or wrong. You have a Targer Ship Date and an Actual Ship Date on the My Orders page so you don't need it. At the moment its telling me orders will ship on January 1st even when they have already shipped. At least it now knows when orders have been cancelled.

I have a Store Credit for $26.96 listed in My Credits. Can someone tell me where this came from and what it is for?

14. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi dgr2,

I have forwarded your specific questions about the store credit and addresses to customer service and they will be in touch shortly.

The ship-by order date on the invoices is correct now also.

Thanks!
    Natalia

15. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Nothing doing about choice of currency yet?

16. pete
    pete Shapeways Employee CEO
    Hi Paul,

as you might have noticed, we just re-enabled the co-creators on the site. It was a major effort and we have fixed many bugs
    that existed in the old version.

There is quite a list of feature requests / bug fixes as a result of our new architecture (Inshape) and product and dev are working
    really hard to get them all done in the right order.

We are aware and you are not the only one requesting this, however we are also committed to make Shapeways easier to use for everyone
    and sometimes its hard to balance that against features. We will keep you posted.

best,
    Pete

17. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    I would like to vote in for the currency selection. At least on the model edit pages.

As a European shop owner I seem to be stuck with fluctuating euro prices and euro markups when using the edit page?
    So I am stuck with downloading CSV editing and uploading..
    (Assuming that this is working again?)

Cheers,

Stijn

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012