InShape 2.0 Launched...CO-CREATORS FIXED!

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 7943_deleted, Aug 19, 2012.

1. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    The exclamation mark indicates the model has some small features/wall thicknesses and that it is not suitable for printing in that material.

Alumide seems to have been ignored in this process as a 1mm cube will show as a printable model in 'My Models', even though a rejection email will be sent for the model.

As for, Using our Mesh Medic technology, we were able to correct a few issues with your model file, this is sent with every upload acceptance email regardless of whether there was actually anything wrong with the model or not.

Paul,

[hr][hr]

2. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    It's not a new feature , it sneaked in some time ago https://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/1421-New-Automated-Ch ecks-for-Your-Uploads-to-Shapeways-UPDATE.html

Yes, I too, missed that announcement and posted about it on here when I first saw it :blush:

It does have a mouseover explaining what it is.

It's not infallible - I've got models flagged by it where not only can I not find what it is complaining about, but that have subsequently been printed in the materials it says will not print. Most times it does seem to work though.

Tom

3. Dragoman
    Dragoman Member
    Thanks for teh explanation. I missed teh mouseover - guess I'm too impatinet.

Greetings
    Dragoman

4. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hey guys,

In case you missed it I put a lengthy update in this thread: https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=10718& amp;&goto=53604

But in summary:
    We're still working on the MySales page. Good news is that this pay period (15th Sept) everyone will get paid regardless of whether you meet the $30 minimum.

UserVoice is working, but single-sign on is not.

and we continue to log and fix bugs everyday.

I will continue to post updates until we are done.

Best,
    Natalia

5. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    An update on the big picture, as we've been working on this for weeks now...

Hi Guys,

I hear your frustration, and believe me, it has been for me as well, knowing that our systems changes are affecting our community.

InShape 2.0 was a monumental change in architecture affecting everything from production turnaround time to pageload times. We needed to move the monster stone so we can make changes faster in the future. (Read all about it here: https://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/1580-Big-Changes-Comi ng-to-Shapeways-this-Weekend.html )
    Since the update, our small team has been working around the clock to ensure that core processes like orders being made and shipped were minimally affected.

While we've focused on production first, we know that shopowners have been impacted as well and we've had one of our senior developers working like mad so that hopefully next week we'll have some good news on the shopowner front both in terms of sales visibility and co-creators.

Despite a lack of insight into our bugs queue, we have been resolving a large volume of bugs every day that could potentially have affected a large portion of our community and in the near future will be in a much better place than we ever were.

Thank you for your continued patience everyone, I will have more news next week!

Best,
    Natalia

6. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    I've just found a new, if fairly minor bug. on the shop inventory page https://www.shapeways.com/shop/inventory if you select materials on a model. when you close the materials page down and go back to the original page you have lost the scroll bars on that page and can't move to another model. I'm using Chrome Version 23.0.1255.0 dev-m

Tom

7. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Just logged in to see the new front page design... On the right is a huge box to click on to "See What's Trending Now". This takes you to the Feed of the Future page - great, but you STILL haven't fixed the probelm with this page: When a user clicks on the Load More button at the bottom all that happens is the SAME page is tacked on to the end of the existing page - NO new models are shown.

I wrote about this myself in the past - as have others - and yet you introduce this new HUGE clickable link on the home page which leads to a broken part of the site. Doesn't inspire confidence.

Glenn

8. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Update from the front lines...
    CSV markup page is now LIVE!

RIght this minute, you can now download your CSV markup - which allows you to see markups in either Euro or USD.

https://www.shapeways.com/shop/markup-csv

More updates later today, just wanted to share this as soon as it was released!

Best,
    Natalia

9. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    Thanks, it's good to have that back

Keep making progress :cool:

Tom

10. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi guys,

Some of you have expressed concern over not seeing your sales since August 18th....and I'm EXTREMELY EXCITED to share that the My Sales page is going live on Friday!

We want to reassure you that despite you not being able to view them, we have been tracking and recording all sales and earnings data the entire time. While we work to have the "My Sales" pages fixed and available on Friday Sept 14th, we understand that some of you might want some insight into your earnings a little sooner, given that payments will be done on the 15th of this month.

If you would like to see your sales before the My Sales page goes live on Friday, Josh, our VP of Engineering, is more than happy to provide you with a spreadsheet of your sales from this period. Just email me directly and I will get them to you pronto!

Once again, thank you for you patience, and feel free to reach out with any questions!

Best,
    Natalia
    natalia@shapeways.com

11. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    Well it seems to have got to Saturday the 15th just about everywhere in the world and it would appear the "My Sales" page still is not working.

So where are we up to on these ? I assume we are still getting paid today?

Tom

12. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi Tom,

Hold tight! We're almost there ...
    <3 the working-through-the-night NY Team & Natalia

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  13. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hey guys you've all probably seen this email we sent out earlier today with your payments:

Hi Guys,

We'd like to thank you for making the Shapeways marketplace amazing and we are happy to share a few improvements we think you'll be excited about.

We've improved the way we process payments in order to pay you faster for your sales. We are getting rid of the "30 day freeze period" so your markup is ready for payment to you as soon as items that you've sold are shipped. For example, if your item is shipped on the 14th, you will get paid the markup for that item the very next day on the 15th. If your item is shipped on the 15th or 16th, you will be paid the following month on the 15th. Please be aware that until you earn more than US$30 in markups, no payment will be made. Additionally, for this month only, we are paying everyone, regardless of whether you met the $30 minimum, in order to clear the books and start fresh.

With every monthly payment that we deposit into your PayPal account, we will send you an email notification with the total amount paid and a link to a report detailing all items sold.

This link will take you to the improved My Sales Page which gives you a detailed view of your sales history. We are providing absolute transparency into your sales on an item by item basis. We are showing you pending, confirmed and past sales all in one easy place.

With our new data structure, we are able to break each order down into its individual items and thus eliminate any discrepancies.  We now show your exact markup to be earned as soon as each item ships.

We know that many of you already run your business on Shapeways, and this is a huge step towards making that a much better experience.

For more information on specific scenarios and examples, feel free to check out 'How we Pay'  or the Shops FAQ's.

As always, feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns,

Best,
    Natalia and the whole Shapeways Team

-----

I also wanted to provide some additional information: As you look through your history on the My Sales page, you may notice some small discrepancies in reporting prior to August 15th. These reflect the payment corrections we made in May and they are now clearly visible as a result of this update in our reporting.

As we move to an item by item invoicing system all information on the My Sales page after August 15th is accurate to the double decimal point and it eliminates any potential rounding errors, or errors caused by splitting and combining of orders.

If you have any more questions, concerns or feedback, the entire service team will be back on Monday.

In the meantime, we're here on the forums for you

Best,
    Natalia

14. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    OK I'll forgive you then - I assume you are just too busy to let us know then ? :twisted:

Actually for me this is probably divine retribution - I was a programer for 27 years so I know what it's like at your end . Now I get to experience what I doled out to my users.........

Tom

15. Alex_ADEdge
    Alex_ADEdge Member
    Pending sales page is back online :) *edit* I like how its now broken into two sections, the pending sales and confirmed sales.
    And I just received my first Shapeways payment, good stuff! I look forward to future 15th's

And heres hoping the team can do that relaxing thing again sometime soon? If you all still remember what that is of course :p

16. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    @AD: Yeah... I think relaxing may involve catching some zzzzzz's for us now!

@Tom: haha :D indeed! thanks for your patience. I guess the early bird catches the.....brand new payments!

17. :cool:

18. fakebusker83
    fakebusker83 Member
    Minor, minor nitpick...the order overview XLS files are still not updated...

But seriously, who needs that now? The My Sales page is providing all the information I need so far, it seems that the XLS file feels superfluous at the moment.

Everything looks great, guys! The page layout looks clean and informative, I can't ask for anything else.

Now, go sleep! We love you Shapeways!

19. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    yes thanks guys and gals

You've done a good job - in the end :twisted:

Think this is much better than what we had

But as usual I'm not 100% satisfied - can I request the first change ?
    In the unshipped orders can we have the date the order was placed too please? Then we can tie these back to the yippie! emails.

A good(bad?) user is never satisfied......

Tom

20. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Thanks Tom, we'll add it to the list of improvements for next time
    ;)