InShape 2.0 Launched...CO-CREATORS FIXED!

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 7943_deleted, Aug 19, 2012.

1. pinddle
    pinddle Member
    I'm in the UK but I am seeing all prices in dollars.The only time I can see Euros is in the basket if I try to buy something.So why are others not able to see prices in dollars, even their own products?
    I think the euro vs dollar pricing system should be adjusted so that only people actually in the euro zone have to pay in euros.Those outside are better off paying in dollars.

2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Did you add your shipping address yet?
    It seemed to me, that when I filled the new required data for shipping in 'My Account' pricing went from USD to Euro in 'My Models'

I am in the UK, part of the so-called 'Euro Zone' that doesn't use Euros. Shapeways calculates model price in USD which is a static value whereas the Euro price of a model can fluctuate depending upon whatever undisclosed number Shapeways use for their USD/Euro exchange rate. USD pricing is simples, its what it says. Euro pricing means messing around with a calculator using the model volume and material pricing to figure out just what the model really costs (in USD) before faffing about calculating the exchange rate.

And when a local asks me how much for whatever I happen to be wearing, they're not going to be impressed when I tell them I ain't got a clue.

Paul

3. dgr2
    dgr2 Member
    Natalia,

When you said that the billing address and shipping address must match or you can't complete the order and go to check out, is it just the country that has to match? Or is it the whole address? I use a different billing and shipping addres, but they are in the same country, the UK. Can I keep to this in future?

4. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    I am pretty sure that she only meant "the same country".

5. pinddle
    pinddle Member
    I haven't ordered anything since the InShape2 launch, and haven't changed any of my details.
    I plan to order something this weekend, I'll let you know what happens.

6. stop4stuff
  7. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    Am I right in thinking the "Yippee! You've sold models through your Shapeways Shop" emails are now coming as soon as anyone buys something rather than once a day as before ? I've had three today at various times.

Think I prefer it this way.

Tom

8. Alex_ADEdge
    Alex_ADEdge Member
    Anymore updates? Guessing theres some more technical issues going on behind the scenes still.
    Just wanting to be able to keep track of my sales again soon :/

9. pinddle
    pinddle Member
    Having completed my order I am now only seeing prices in Euros. :evil:

I think us non Euro-zone Europeans should be able to choose Dollars as the default currency.

10. stop4stuff
    I think as Shapeways price models in USD at a static value, anyone in the world should have the choice to pay for their purchases in whatever currency they choose. Today's exchange rate is about 2.1 % over what I've calculated Shapeways conversion to be - add in VAT and us europeans paid in dollars from Shapeways shop payments have the privilege of losing a good chunk via PayPal, Shapeways undisclosed exchange rate and VAT on top of purchase price & shipping :(

Paul

[hr][hr]

11. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    As of today I seem to have stopped getting the "Thanks for uploading a model" emails when uploading a new model.

12. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Seeing that shapeways has a presence in the netherlands, it is also not quite clear to me
    why they require Europeans to register with paypal just to open a "shop" instead of just
    asking for the IBAN of a regular bank account.

13. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    This was working for me as of yesterday... however, I did notice that when UPDATING an existing file I did not get that message. Not too big a deal unless one is concerned that the upload didn't work. I merely wait for the "Your model is ready..." email.

Glenn

14. BillBedford
    BillBedford Member
    Credit checks?

15. stop4stuff
    IBAN = International Bank Account Number = already have verification because you have a bank account = why would anyone need a credit check to be paid by Shapeways?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  16. stop4stuff
    I just went back to my first order in 'My Orders'

The numbers are wrong - they are a reflection of what is charged today, not what was charged in July 2010
    VAT was charged at 19% not 20%
    Shipping was free if the order was over $25 not a flat $9.50 shipping charge

Overall the invoice shows money as still due and shows the order will ship by 18th September :rolleyes:

17. pinddle
    pinddle Member
    I've had several of those emails today and yesterday.But I'm not sure if I got one for every upload I made.

18. stop4stuff
    Friday, a Yipee email came through with the markup in the USD currency.
    Today, a Yipee email came through with the markup in the Euro currency.

Please sort this out, I would like to use USD!

And, how will this effect the hidden shop earnings?
    I am not prepared for the earnings side of things to be kept hidden and will voice my concerns at every oportunity!

Very upset,
    Paul King

nufsed

19. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    I've managed to get my shop back to $ by changing my address to 1600 Pennsylvania avenue, Washington, 20500 District of Columbia ..

But this means I can't order anything myself, but at least it gets my shop prices back to matching the figures in all my costing spreadsheets - this would be even more messy for me as I spend part of the year in the euro zone and part in Asia, which I assumes is still using $ prices.

On a brighter note the yippee messages now tell you if you have sold something without mark-up . The bad part of this is that I found this out by someone ordering something in a material it should not be available in - I'd recently added this product(and loads of others) and have been unable to easily check I've got all the materials set right as someone has not got around to getting the mark-up CSV working yet.........

Tom

20. Dragoman
    Dragoman Member
    A new feature in the materials column of a model i uploaded:
    https://www.shapeways.com/model/688235/

shw_04.09.png

I assume the red exclamation mark indicates some kind of error?
    The e-mail did not indicate anything special, only the standard text:
    > Using our Mesh Medic technology, we were able to correct a few issues with your model file.
    I also don't understand why alumide doesn't have the mark, but WSF does.?

The actual issue maybe that the item is too small (I scaled it incorrectly), but it would be nice if I could see somewhere what the issue is, exactly.

Greetigns
    Dragoman.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012