InShape 2.0 Launched...CO-CREATORS FIXED!

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 7943_deleted, Aug 19, 2012.

1. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Thanks Ovidu,

We are working to fix this ASAP!

2. The payement page still doesn't work since the 19th august.
    The excel sheet is not update too.
    When it will be fix?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  3. dgr2
    dgr2 Member
    I just checked the UPS tracking link that has appeared in My Orders today and you are sending my order to the wrong address.

ETA: This is now being dealt with by customer service who have contacted me directly. Hopefully it will get fixed soon!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  4. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi Guys,

A quick update:

The "Yippie You Sold Something from your Shop" Emails are being sent as of today, and they detail the model name and a link to it, so you can see exactly the items you've sold.

We are still working hard to get the My Sales Page and Excel sheet up to date as soon as possible.

I've logged all the bugs listed in this thread and we've fixed a fair few along the way:

Past orders have correct ship dates
    Ship dates are showing correctly on Current Orders
    Italics and Bold work in Forum posts
    Model failed email has links to the model
    Single signon for UserVoice works

We are fixing bugs everyday and I will continue to update daily what is being fixed!

Thank you,
    Natalia

5. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    HI dgr2,

I have PM'd you.

For future reference, and for everyone, contacting service@shapeways.com is actually the fastest way to get a response - they are in a position to change shipments, fix orders and generally help out with any requests.

I can rarely fix these kinds of requests over the forum!

Thank you for your understanding, and please know that CS has seen your email so they are on the case.

Best,
    Natalia

6. dynath
    dynath Member
    Has anyone tried to download the markup CSV since InShape 2.0 launched? When I click the download link it thinks for a time and then shows server error "Error 500, Windows cannot display" in IE9, "Server Error, Website encountered error" on Chrome

7. PuzzleForge
    PuzzleForge Member
    Hello-

This is a small issue relative to some others here, but it seems that the ability to see which orders are "in production" has been removed from the "my orders" page. I would just like to cast a vote to keep that feature. I always love knowing what point in the pipeline each of my orders is. I still get the emails that my order is on to the robots, which is great. But that info is lost from the "my orders" page.

Congrats on the upgrade, and good luck sorting through remaining issues.

Thanks!

8. Alex_ADEdge
    Alex_ADEdge Member
    I've noticed the Yippee emails are coming though again today - good to see. :)

Are we going to see a 'summary yippee' email for all the sales we've had but havent had email notifications for during this update time?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  9. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Two issues relating to pricing and the shopping cart.
    Advertised price is in USD. Shopping cart price is in Euros.
    USD is static pricing whereas Euro price fluctuates and there is no option to choose USD as payment currency.

Sales related.
    Yipee! email are come through again :), however there is no record of this sale in the xls spreadsheet download :(

Paul

[hr]

10. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    I had a US customer complain about the opposite - he was seeing prices in Euros, but it then asked him for a different price in $ when he came to check out.

Unfortunately I've had no further response from him when I tried to put him directly in contact with Shapeways customer service. As the sales spreadsheet is still not working I've no idea whether he has just given up or sorted it out himself .

Tom

11. stop4stuff
    Aaaarg!!!

So now I've just logged in to find the pricing in 'My Models' is in Euros!!!
    I don't want Euro pricing, it makes no sense to me when the USD pricing is static!

[hr]

12. stop4stuff
    This currency thing is seriously flawed.

I logged out, cleared cookies, then went to one of my models.

The default location is UK (probably picked up through IP addressing) so I changed my location to United States - the currency still shows in Euros - it makes no sense to me whatsoever at all that someone choosing US as their location should be presented with a foreign currency that has no bearing on the actual price of the model calculated in USD at upload.

Should Shapeways care to carry on using Euros as a means of pricing, please put somewhere obvious (e.g. model page) the exchange rate that Shapeways are using for the USD to Euro conversion.

Paul

[hr]

13. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    Do we know how Shapeways is deciding what currency to use - it doesn't seem to be either your physical location worked out from your IP or the destination country you select . though it looks as if it selects your destination country from IP.

I have 3 Id's all set up with the same address(in France) - 2 are currently showing prices in $ and one in €

Tom

14. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi guys,

I hear the confusion, and since this is a few different issues, I hope this clarifies a few things:

Shapeways is registered as a business in both the US and the EU, and not in the UK, so we can only offer Euros and Dollars (and not Pounds Sterling)

Our website is in US Dollars, and we convert to Euros. We have always updated the conversion rate manually once a month (on the 1st). We do this unless the currency jumps dramatically, then we update it more often to be accurate.

The price you see is determined by your shipping address. You can not manually change it, sorry.

Currency is determined by SHIPPING address - so in your cart, when you choose your shipping country it will switch between Euros/Dollars - this is a way to see what it costs in each currency should you wish to do so.

Remember you can't have different billing and shipping addresses - they must be in the same country, so it is possible you get to the checkout page in the 'wrong' currency, but you wont be able to checkout if your billing and shipping addresses do not match.

Best,
    Natalia

15. 3401_deleted
    3401_deleted Well-Known Member
    Hello Natalia,
    About the Euro / USD thing: I can't understand why you changed this. I think the best option for currency is always to allow the customer to choose by himself. My markups get paid in USD.I don't want to go through an additional currency conversion (and of course, additional fees) when I use my markup to buy things...
    In my opinion, this IS a bug that needs to be corrected.

16. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi Calistotash

I've reported these bugs - it appears the model upload one has already been fixed.

Thank you!

17. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    At the very, very, very least there needs to be some way for us shop owners to view and set the prices in $

I think there are a few people like me, who are based in Europe, but who sell mostly to the US . There is now no way we can set our prices to be a nice even round amount of dollars if we so desire. Even if we did laboriously work out conversion manually, if the Euro rate fluctuates, with the markup being in euros the price the customer sees will also fluctuate. Not being able to tell people what your prices will be from one month to the next is not exactly good situation to be in either.

Tom

18. stop4stuff
    Natalia,

I'm sorry, Euro/USD decided by billing/shipping address is not democratic.

What option do I have now?
    I live in the UK and am very proud that we still have our Great British Pound, I do not and will not use Euros, however I am happy to use USD

Think of it from our point of view, there are now three stages of currency conversion, each stage costing us money.

Please change the choice of currency back to what the user decides they are happy with, after all Shapeways do not lose money whatever the currency.

Oh, and why does the website give Euro pricing when not logged in and I select US as the country?

Paul

19. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    I think i've thought of a possible work around for this that will at least get me back the ability to set and see prices in $ even if I can't order in them. If anyone can tell me if this would work or not I would appreciate their input.

If I change the delivery address of my main ID from France to the US ( it doesn't have to be my US address just any US address) I should then start seeing prices in $.

If I want to order anything myself I will need to set up a second ID and upload a second copy of the models I want to order to that then order from there with my correct delivery address.

It's a bit messy and wastes my time and Shapeways server space but at least it should get arround this problem.

Oh course it does not get around the problem of us being paid in dollars and having to pay in Euros and so losing a few % each time.

Tom

20. stop4stuff
    Tom,

There's workarounds for everything, however when I build a model which is priced in USD (static) by Shapeways and I use USD to be paid and am used to USD payments to Shapeways, to me there's no point in jumping through hoops for a workaround when all that needs to be done is change the currency options back to how they were before.

tbh, I'd rather get a friend in the states to order on my behalf and forward the order on to me than try to deal with a fluctuating pricing system.

Paul