InShape 2.0 Launched...CO-CREATORS FIXED!

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 7943_deleted, Aug 19, 2012.

1. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Hi Natalia,

Still a couple of issues with the account image :(
    1. My image is 85 x 85 pixels, but it is not being displayed as such.
    2. I'm unable to change the image when using my normal browser, IE8 (I had to use Chrome for that & I don't like Chrome)

Paul

2. SGDesigns
    SGDesigns Member
    Natalia - No worries. I know functionality/production comes first. Thanks for the update.

3. Dragoman
    Dragoman Member
    I still see a problem with the upload, or at least with the rendering of the images.

Some 6 hours ago this morning, I uploaded this model and received the "model is now available" mail a few minutes later. The model info on the page looks OK, but the picture still says "Rendering Image, please be patient, it just takes a minute"

This model updated last weekend after the change also has not been rendered - the 3d render you see is of an older version.

Greetings
    Karl Heinz

4. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi guys,

Just an update, a lot of bugs have been sorted since the release, we are still focusing on the most important ones to ensure functionality across the site.

Being worked on currently:
    Rejections - so we can quickly assess your models and refund instantly if they will be rejected
    Sales Insights - both the my sales page and emails
    Production -getting your orders out on time or earlier.

Fixed:
    Model uploads
    Uploading images and descriptions to your shop pages
    Previous orders showing correct dates
    Currency displays correctly in cart
    Credits can be applied at checkout

Thank you for your continuing patience as we implement InShape 2.0!

5. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    I had not seen the "Feed" either... but when clicking on "load more models" all it does is add the same models onto the bottom of the existing screen. Hit it again and the same thing happens - so now the same set of models are repeated three times...

(Windows 8 and Google Chrome)

Glenn

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  6. SGDesigns
    SGDesigns Member
    I get the same. It shows the feed, everything looks ok untill I load more. It just duplicates everything.

iPhone using Safari

7. dgr2
    dgr2 Member
    I have now received two notification emails about the upload of a model called 'kingsring 15 sw original' to MY Models in my account which is not mine. This isn't my model and shouldn't have been uploaded into my account. I didn't create or upload this model.

Your system is now coming apart. I have forwarded the two emails I received to Customer Support and will leave the model where it is for now so you can find it. But you have to deal with this at your end. I don't want my models going to other accounts so I would assume that other users would not like it either. The real owner of this model may not even know that their model has gone to another account. I no longer know if my models are in other accounts.

Please remove 'kingsring 15 sw original' from my models in my account and sort your software knickers out.

8. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi dgr2,

I've removed the model from your account, it was uploaded by Brad to test the issue you listed earlier about your models not displaying correctly.

Normally we test in the beta version of our site, but because this issue was dealing with your specific models, we had to test it live.

His (and my) sincere apologies that we did not delete the test model, and let you know that we were testing it.

Please rest assured that your models are only in your account, and this model is a test we use, it is not another users.

It was not an incorrect upload, just Brad testing!

Apologetically,
    Natalia

9. dgr2
    dgr2 Member
    You gave me a heart-attack.

Thanks for letting me know.

Any news on the pending dates and billing address issues I had?

10. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
  11. Calistotash
    Calistotash Member
    I'm not sure if this is a bug with the new update or not, but it only started showing up after it.

Trying to upload a couple of .zips with the .png texture map and either an .X3D or a VRML file (I'm trying both, as there's something going wrong with my uploads, it's not uploading at the right scale no matter what I do, but that's a different problem).

Your upload page says this: "If your zip contains any STL, OBJ, or WRL files please select a Unit of Measure. For other file types this is not needed. " Yet I am forced to select a unit of measure for the .X3D file.

Another bug, on this page https://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/supported-applications , the information has been duplicated.

(Edit: I can finally upload in colour again, but the unit of measurement issue is still there.)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  12. BillBedford
    BillBedford Member
    Links on the feed page give an error, in Safari it's 'because the server is not responding'

13. fakebusker83
    fakebusker83 Member
    Hi Natalia,

I am not sure if this is related to the InShape update, but since the dates are so coincidental I've decided to give it a shot and post some feedback.

Since 18th August (which I believe to be the date the InShape update is applied), I haven't been getting any 'Yippee!' emails to update me on sales. Also, I've checked my Order overview records and indeed, my last recorded sale was on 18th July. (I guess we can rule out my email filter blocking those emails as spam. I've checked and it doesn't appear to be the case.)

As I have always been getting a 'Yippee!' email at least once every 3 days, not receiving a single one for more than a week threw me off. I suspect it's either a bug in the system, or more horrifyingly that my customers have all decided to abandon me on the same day. :eek:

Additionally, 'Payment Status' on the .xls file for almost all my items ordered since 16th July read as 'Unsettled', but many of these orders are already produced and shipped. I did get my latest payment for for the month of July - August so I figured the .xls file was wrong. It just struck me as odd.

I've contacted customer service and got in touch with my buddy Joost, but the issue still remains unresolved.
    Hope you guys can help out. Or I'll starve.

EDIT: Hm. I guess my issue has been reported before, or something similar to it: https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=10657& amp;start=0&

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  14. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    I have had exactly the same thoughts myself. I normaly get a sale every other day or so and my last sale was on the 17th. Now I do sometimes go longer without sales but have been starting to get more and more suspicious that something was wrong, what you have said seems to confirm this.

So either there is something about the new site that is frightening potential purchasers away or something stopping them completing their purchases or they are still buying stuff and Shapeways is just not telling us.

So which one is it ????

Tom

15. pinddle
    pinddle Member
    I think this is part of the general chaos that is InShape 2.0.
    If I look at My Sales I see : Pending Sales Temporarily Unavailable.
    Until it is fixed we are all in the dark about our sales.
    I hope the end result will be worth all this agro.

16. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi everyone,

I understand your concerns about not seeing your sales, so let me first reassure you:
    You are all still making sales! We are tracking and recording everything accurately on our end. We're getting orders, producing them and shipping them out as normal. Nothing has changed in the Shapeways service. What is happening at the moment is as shop owners you lack transparency into your sales on the site (both emails and my sales page).

I know this has been frustrating, and I'm right there with you.

I do have some good news: the "yippie" emails will be going out again in the next day or so which will let you know every time you make a sale.

I will also get an update on the my Sales Page later today and will post it as soon as I know.

Thank you for hanging in there! We're getting there!
    Natalia

17. fakebusker83
    fakebusker83 Member
    Thanks Natalia,

That's good to know! Looking forward to the fixes!

18. Dragoman
    Dragoman Member
    Not sure if it has been mentioned before. The email informing that an uploaded model are available no longer have the model's name in the title, I found that quite an useful detail.

Greetings
    Karl Heinz

19. eNonsense
    eNonsense Member
    I'm not sure if you saw my separate thread (didn't see this one first), but it seems that there are still issues with uploading banner & logo images to the stores. The edit buttons are not working or are acting funny depending on which browser you are using. I posted details about it here.

https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=10672& amp; amp; amp;start=0&

Do you guys really need to test it with my personal account? It seems like I'm not the only person reporting this issue, so that seems kind-of silly.

Also, as an aside, you put a banner size notation of 960x125 on the banner frame, but you didn't put a size notation on the logo spot, which just has a shopping cart icon when empty. It would have been helpful and made sense to include if you were doing it in the other field. I measured and figured it was something like 220x165. Is that correct? Eliminating the guess work will just make things consistent between stores an look better in the store list.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  20. opresco
    opresco Member
    All Shapeways in the News buttons:

"The server at shpws.me is taking too long to respond."