InShape 2.0 Launched...CO-CREATORS FIXED!

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 7943_deleted, Aug 19, 2012.

1. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    A few more for you Natalia :p

Very small shells get removed from a model - https://shpws.me/eoli should be the same as https://shpws.me/eolk - the latter was fixed before upload using NetFabb Cloud Service

Deleting a model doesn't refresh the My Models page to show the model as deleted. (Win XP, tried with both IE8 and Chrome)

Previous orders in 'My Orders' look to have the shipping time added to today's date regardless of whether or not the order has already been shipped, e.g. an order I place on May 24th and received June 21st is showing 'Your order will ship by September 5th' .

Paul

[hr][hr]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  2. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    For me, at least a Major problem.

We seem to have lost all options for selecting currency and/or vat.

I'm probably a bit unusual in that although I live in the EU most of my sales are to the US so i get paid in dollars. My Shapeways shop payment also comes in dollars.

So most of my prices/markups are worked out in Dollars. I can now only see the equivalent euro price in my models and the detail page.

When I now add an item to my shopping cart it adds it in Euros and when I come to pay it only gives me the option to pay in Euros.

As I normally have Dollars in my Paypal account this means I have to convert it first which results in a currency exchange loss every time I want to buy something.

Tom

3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    On every other page you can just click on Discover!

4. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Tom, I've reported the currency issue.

Paul - model delete is working now, previous orders also do have the correct dates now. A few past orders say 'pending' but they no longer have the wrong date.

The model changing via NetFabb is being worked on!

Thank you!

5. BillBedford
    BillBedford Member
    A search on My Models page only searches the visible models rather than all available models.

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Make sure you have "All Models" selected instead of "Public". I just tested and I see all my models, not just visible ones.

7. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi everyone, we wanted to share a quick update after the epic release of our architecture.

First, thank you for your patience with us! We've done an incredible amount of testing, but some bugs are inevitable when rewriting a full system. We are currently attacking issues with the full force of our brilliant development team -- prioritizing the things that matter the most to you!

Namely, we're making sure that key website functionality (uploading, ordering etc) and 3D printing are running smoothly. Things are improving by the minute, and you should have a seamless experience very soon!

In the meantime, please continue to post here if you see anything or have any issues.

Thank you from the Product and Development Teams!

8. stop4stuff
    itallics don't work
    bold don't work

[edit] summat went awry?

9. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    I see that too, thanks Paul.

10. I believe I've spotted a glitch in my orders page.

Firstly, I'm seeing what I assume are "internal" invoices for some of my orders(the PDF link starts with INT).

Second, after reviewing a couple of my orders placed before the change, I have an order showing that I owe $0.35 when I have actually paid it in full.

It's also adjusted my expected delivery date to 2 days later than it was originally(from 29 August to 31 August). I'm not sure if this is a bug or just simply more up to date delivery times and such!

11. stop4stuff
    Found another bug :D

I uploaded a 1mm cube to find out what the 'model failed' email says these days (related to this post about automated checks)

Anyhow, the email came in;
    However, the model is printable in Alumide and Polished Alumide as can be found at https://shpws.me/ezd6 and https://shpws.me/ezg9 - (another duplicated upload.)

Paul

[hr]

12. stop4stuff
  13. SGDesigns
    SGDesigns Member
    I noticed on my sales page, its showing up as unavailable and no longer displays my recent sales earnings that haven't yet been transferred.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  14. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi guys!

A quick update:
    We've been knocking out issues left and right, mainly focusing on functionality behind the scenes so your orders are getting produced. You may be seeing slightly different emails at the moment for sales, and we've made them clearer going forward.

The feed is now fixed!

Issues we are still working on:
    My sales page is not displaying (this will be fixed soon Sal)
    Co-creators

Paul, forum avatars can be 85x85 pixels.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to squash bugs!

Natalia

15. dgr2
    dgr2 Member
    All my previous cancelled orders are now listed in My Orders as Pending. They even have provisional shipping dates. The cancelled orders are all the ones with no UPS tracking number listed. And all my orders now have the same address for shipping and billing when this was not the case when they were raised. I use a different shipping adddress from my billing address and now this is mixed up.

My current and live order 137734 which was supposed to be shipped today now states the 31st. And it just says Pending in My Orders, not even in production, although I received an email on the 18th to say that it was in production. Is this current order going to be completed and shipped?

There are problems in My Models too. Now it won't let me look at the models when I click on them. It seems to think I am not logged in. They are still there (I think and hope!) but when you select one to look at it no images appear and it says "This model is no longer publicly available."

I have emailed Support and sent screen shots but I thought I should raise my problems here as well.

For the record changing things in one big go like this was stupid and irresponsible. Any idiot knows you should phase in big changes, particularly on a live system. If not you get wholesale problems that are difficult to track down because everything has moved at once. Do you guys like making work for yourself and giving us heart-attacks?

16. stop4stuff
    Hi Natalia,

Forum avatar images can also be 200 x 200 pixels, which does'nt look good in forum posts ;)
    And the same image is used for my little icon when I'm logged in which just looks :blush:
    dodgy-image.JPG

Does the same image get used anywhere else? if not force it back to 85x85 pixels please.

Paul

[hr]

17. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Paul, did you try anything larger than 200x200?
    I saw one member who had an image that was like 800x800.. really messed up the forum messages.

18. stop4stuff
  19. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Let's not be too harsh here. They're working hard to fix things.

From my (limited) understanding, this change required significant re-structuring of the underlying database. There are times when you can't make just incremental changes.. the only option is to bite the bullet and change it all.

20. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Dgr2,

I'm logging your issues right now and will let you know when they will be resolved.

Yes, your current order will be produced and shipped.

Paul, thanks for your demo ;) we can force it back, and in fact it's already been fixed, it will be pushed live with tonights release, and your avatars will be 85x85 on the forums!

Thank you for your patience everyone, as Stony mentioned, this is not something that could have been done incrementally, as it was a complete change in the architecture of the site.

I will keep you posted of our bug quashing progress!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012