Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by avalosalex, Jan 10, 2012.

1. avalosalex
    avalosalex Member
    Today, I started to look around different site of how to make and print 3D models. To be honest with all of you, I haven't the slightest clue of where to begin, nor what to ask. I have been reading and viewing several insightful tutorials but I might be taking in too much at this time.

So, now I'm looking for help from the community as a starting point. And, I thank you all in advance.

What do I need? Downloads? Requirements?

Any information or leads and links would help.

Thanks again and looking forward to spending a lot of time creating 3D models.

Alex

2. Welcome to the front-line. :)

You need...

1.) An idea what you want create.
    Got one ? Alright...

2.) Tools to realize your idea.
    Depending on your skills and/or preferences 3d modelling or CAD software.
    "Google Sketchup" and "Blender" are popular freeware.

3.) Tools to check and repair your files.
    "netfabb basic" and/or "MeshLab"

4.) Time and patience

3. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    As pfeiffer stylez said, welcome to the front-line.

You may also want to look into TinkerCAD, if your design is really, truly simple. TinkerCAD is in-browser 3D modeling, and they export directly to Shapeways. :)

4. avalosalex
    avalosalex Member
    Thanks for info.

Since my request, I have been playing around with Sketchup and been successful.

It will be a slow and gradual learning curve and progressing in this manner will definitely allow me to have a better grasp of the tools made available and how to go about using.

Since my first render, I think using Solidworks would be a better and faster solution to what I want to achieve.

Thanks for your help, and wish me luck.

Alex :)