Have your ideas and models created, checked, repaired, shelled, reduce polycount and cost.*

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by Dotsan, Nov 8, 2009.

1. ViJay at Dotsans did a great job on my model. Very professional, fast, and great communication. I definitely recommend.

2. Greetings: My friends and I have some shapeways designs that need a bit of "tweeking", plus want to make a stainless steel brand for an upcoming Burning Man event. The brand we need is a simple one. We need a reverse printing of the words "Burnal Equinox" in Ariel Bold font, measuring 1& 1/4' for the outside diameter. The brand part (yes, we weld it on to a steel handle, put it in the fire, and brand leather and wood with it) has to be 1/4" thick, 3/16" of that is background, for a raised relief. We will pay for your time and for Shapeways to make it in stainless steel. (Hey, if you have an idea to make it more interesting, but still legible, we are open. I can send you some pictures of what we have for our other brands)

We have 2 brands in Shapeways design that are not thick enough, so can get you the files to enlarge the outside circles.
    In addition, we have some little Burning Men necklaces that need the date below them changed from 2012 to 2013.

Right now, we need to get moving on the Burnal Equinox brand, the event is March 2!

Please let me know if this sounds like the job for you, and what you charge for your services.

We are in California, USA, where are you?

Thanks so much,
    Mia Rice-Stone
    miaricestone@gmail.com
    530/637-4393

3. Hi,

May I call or email you regarding a design project?

I'm seeking a designer who can work on site in Manhattan for the first project, them remote for other projects.

Projects include:

- novel water bottle concept

- cobra belt buckle

- glasses

- skull mask

Please reply to smugsly1@gmail.com

Thanks,

Evan

4. Dotsan did an amazing job for me producing the CAD drawings for our unusual buses in Nottingham England during the 1970s. He was patient, understanding and very helpful. I told him what I wanted and he did exactly that. What he did for me was amazing and the result is better than I expected.

Attached Files:

5. Hi,

I am looking for some one who has experience developing consumer products like a kitchen utensil. Currently I am in need for someone to take my concept and develop into a prototype (plastic) need CAD specs if possible.

Let me know if your interested.

JIm

email : jimmiemonk2001@yahoo.com

6. VERY VERY EASY to work with.
    Despite the time difference almost 12 hours - all emails were replied promptly.

I used photo references and dimensions and Vijay did the rest.

Below are some photos I took of the products.

Attached Files:

7. Here is the other piece Vijay did.

Attached Files:

8. I have found working with Vijay at Dot San a very good experience. He has taken my original idea and created the 3 D modelling so that the product could be 3 D printed. What a thrill it was to open the box to see the tiny baby shoe for the first time.
    [​IMG]
    3D Printed Lace Baby Shoe by Dot San, on Flickr

9. inception
    inception Member
    Wonderfull work, fast realisation and professionnal service. My model was ready in no time. I can only recommand your talent !
    Thank you Dotsan for the detailed look of my model, for your patience with my project and keep up the good work. :)
    IMG_5805.jpg

10. I would have no hesitation in recommending Dotsan for your design project. From examples, real life pictures and fine scale measurements nothing was left un-touched and the end results have been worth it. The design was for a Model train and had to incorporate exact alignment of location pins and lighting holes in a tricky position.. All this was achieved within a tight timescale and spot on accuracy.

Thanks for your assistance in this project - I am sure we will have many more ideas lined up!

11. Clover258
    Clover258 Member
    Excellent work, I couldn't be happier with the work he has done. Top quality.

12. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    Just to tell to everyone who have a dream project in mind, I recommend to all Vijay from Dot San! I was really happy of his work done on my miniature truck model, it was easy to work with him, by always sending work in progress updates for showing the progress during the model conception and answering every question. Highly experienced designer and accurate, he did exactly what I wanted. Great work, great model Vijay! Got the printed model in my hands and I'm very happy!

Yes, all your dreams project will come true with Dot San.

[​IMG]

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/stukamilov

Alain Plante
    Train collection 2000
    Québec,Canada

13. "I wanted to get a 3d printed model of my dad's boat for his birthday. I was able to find an old 3d graphics model online, but it was not suitable for 3d printing. It required several tweaks just to make it printable (wall thickness, etc), but I also had a list of enhancements I wanted to really make it perfect. After exchanging a few photos and a description of what I wanted, Dot San was able to quickly whip together a model that I am sure will impress my dad. "

[​IMG]F-31 Trimaran by Dot San, on Flickr

14. IDKREALLY
    IDKREALLY Active Member
    Another great looking model .I'ts the second time I'm asking Vijay to work on a cad files model, absolutely outstanding! Again ,I'm very happy!
    Alain Plante
    Train collection 2000
    Québec.Canada

Attached Files:

15. If you are looking for a 3d modeler then look no further. Vijay is super helpful professional and offers quick service. I contacted Vijay as I wished to print a model of a greenhouse for my degree show. I have no experience of preparing a model for printing and was working towards a deadline. Vijay created a fantastic design and the whole process was very open and quick. I highly recommend Vijay.

IMG_3945.JPG

16. I recently had a model prepared for 3D printing by Vijay, he was very helpful, able to do it for a reasonable price and made sure to keep tabs after the project was complete on if it had been successful.

I would strongly recommend his services.

17. JMP55
    JMP55 Member
    Dot San made my first venture into 3D design and printing a very easy entry. I provided two image of a tyre/wheel and he did the artwork very well and addressed my ideas without question and when required provided sound advice. Great service and great skill.
    Thouroughly recomend his work and skills to all.

Regards

JMP

18. i need great 3D modelers for various modeling projects, ranging from cnc fabrication to 3D printing. I've attached some files to be quoted..

Best,

Joe

Attached Files:

19. I know next to nothing about the 3D printing design and Vijay Dot San made it easy to bring my ideas to reality. Would do it again. Thx!

20. I highly recommend working with Dot San!

He worked with us to achieve not only the visual design of the 3D model, but also made sure to inform us of the size and price implications through out the entire process. We sent him inspiration pictures and then worked with him back and forth until we were satisfied with the design.

He created the model from scratch making changes and alterations along the way based on our sketches and revisions. Because of his ability to respond to our sketches and redlines, we were able to achieve exactly what we were after!

He was extremely responsive and always made sure to check in with progress reports and informative feedback. He will be our go-to person for future 3D projects.

Thank You, Dot San!!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014