Frustrating day with Shapeways/sketchup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by steveb2000, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Wow, great progress. There were only a few problem areas left.

There were missing faces, interior faces, and some duplicated faces, which are tricky to find if you don't know what to look for, but I found all of them with that same Solid Inspector plugin.

To make it easy for you, I listed each problem and saved a scene with each one. If you click on the tabs at the top of the screen, each problem is highlighted with a description. If you get lost in the model, which often happens when zoomed in close, you can click the Escape tab to easily get out.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Attached Files:

2. steveb2000
    steveb2000 Member
    Thank you so much!

I have a feeling I'd have been trying to figure out the duplicate faces for hours.

Now that I know about the internal faces thing I'll be extra sure to eliminate the construction leftovers as i work. Solid inspector is a huge help.

If you ever need to know anything about bicycles just ask. (I'm pretty good with hydraulics too, but it's been a while)

Steve B

3. Great, glad it was of help! :)

...I don't need anything to do with bicycles right now. but I am working on an e-book guide about Sketchup for 3D printing, may I use your model as an example in the guide?

4. steveb2000
    steveb2000 Member
    Of course, I'd be happy to have you use my drawing.

Steve B

5. Thanks! I'll let you guys know when its done.