Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 9694_deleted, Mar 9, 2012.

1. TreadshotA1
    TreadshotA1 Member
    Um, while this has to be the shapeways update i'm least unhappy with ever (i don't know if that's a compliment or not), there is one thing that i just don't get. How do we download our own models?

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    It's discussed in another thread.. and it's on the feedback list already.. what you have to do didn't change with this update.

Go to the model page.
    Select "Edit Product"
    Mark the model for "Allow Downloads"
    Turn Edit mode off
    Download the model
    Select "Edit Product" again
    Turn OFF "Allow Downloads"
    Turn Edit mode off

3. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    The image stretching is still wrong in the basket ...

What's really great with the new side is that the speed is much better. Whereas in the version of the last 18 months it was nearly impossible to make some common changes on 20 objects it seems now possible.

What's still missing in that context:
    - if I'm in editing mode then I want to do that as long as I switch that off
    (sometimes even to control some settings you have to amke a lot of unneccessary klicks)
    - really missing is a navigation to th next or previous element of a section

Furthe ron there is no buy icon on the overview page as in my models? Is that intended or a bug.

It seems that editing the model description is not possible when there is no description inside. I can't verify that I have only one item found in my shop having no description in ...

Woody64

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  4. TreadshotA1
    TreadshotA1 Member
    Actually it did change. The old system let's me download the model always, but my customers never could (the allow downloads box was NEVER checked). now I have to check that box, and its very scary. If someone were on my page at the time, they could download my model and my work would get released without credit.

This really makes me scared to download my models, as the time it takes for me to download it could allow a model to be downloaded by someone else without my permission. Please change it back Shape ways. Please.

5. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Why when logged in and looking at "My Models" do the vast majority of them show as "Not For Sale" when in fact the reverse should be true. If I click on the model it does show as Available For Sale and Viewable by the public in Edit mode....

Logged out and viewing my Shop all appears as though it should be.

Glenn

6. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    There seems something wrong. I also see some "not for sale" but on the item page it's ok. Also the prices are wrong.

Additionally the prices in the shop differ from the overview to the material selector in the item page???

Woody64

7. Hi,

I've the same for two object in my shop, if I'm logged in they appear not for sale but if I click on the picture everything is ok.

And also on the same two objects there is not th "Delete model" key.

Probably there is still something wrong.

Cheers,
    Dario

8. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    I reported this a few days ago.. it's being worked on.

I believe that it's reporting "not for sale" based upon whether or not the item is available in WSF (the lowest id material). If it's for sale in WSF, then it shows on the MyModels page as for sale and vice-versa.

9. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    It's been this way since the previous update. Add it to the feedback site, if it's not already there.

10. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Treadshot A1, if your model is set to Private and Not for sale, only you will have access to the model download.

11. We have a small set of bugfixes that we released yesterday. We are still not quite at the point where we can release to our Beta site for a week before going live, but we hope to be there very soon.

However, here's a list of stuff that was fixed/changed :)

Bugfixes
    - Gallery 'High to Low' pricing should now properly sort from highest to lowest.
    - Text in the Cart popup no longer overflows outside of the box when an item's title is too long.
    - Products that are 'Not for Sale' now display properly in the gallery & Products that are 'For Sale' are no longer displayed as 'Not For Sale' on the My Models page.
    - Deleted model pages are no longer accessible shortly after being deleted.
    - Wishlist and Favorites should now sort correctly (by date added).
    - Meta Tags are now shown on the homepage.
    - The image rotator arrows on the Product Detail page now load properly in Chrome.

Improvements
    - The Vibe price is now $24.99 & The numbers embossed inside The Vibe are now the Model ID to facilitate easier sorting (previously we displayed a unique ID based on the song and timestamp) & The Vibe landing page has been updated with a video and testimonials
    - The 'Latest Blog Posts' feed on the homepage no longer renders via Javascript.
    - The 'Contact Us' page has been redesigned to make it clearer who to contact. Nancy was also added to the page for Materials questions.
    - The Model Edit page received a visual update to match the new Product Detail page. (There is a known issue with adding keywords that will be resolved in our release next week)
    - The Checkout process received a visual update to match the new Product Detail page.

Please let us know if you experience any issues or have feedback on the changes :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  12. stop4stuff
    Hey Brad,

Good to see things are getting there ;)

Any news on;
    When the ability to change material within the shopping cart will work (IE8 on XP)?
    When being able to browse through uploaded models will be back again?

Paul

13. Paul,

Thanks for checking in! I was under the impression the first issue was fixed but will look into it now and see when we can get it fixed.

As for #2, we're working on this and I'll post an update when I can give you a more accurate date :)

14. aegidian
    aegidian Member
    Hey! Did I notice some new changes to the edit page today (31 Mar 2012)?

I'm glad the Exit Edit Mode button got the new design - so much cleaner and obvious. And the bounding box dimensions are a lot clearer too, thank you.

The sorting on the materials selector is very welcome, as is the OK button on the description editor.

In short, no problems yet (it's early) and quite a few problems addressed cleanly. Well done.

:)

-- Giles.

15. NingHuaDesign
    NingHuaDesign Member
    Bug Report:
    When I'm uploading images, there is a " click to edit " bar beside each image where users can enter short description for this image. After I entered some words, it doesn't save and just return to " click to edit ". It's not functioning.

Maybe a " Last Updated " date mark should be shown publicly ? It's a good protection for designers of the first to come up with certain idea.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  16. stop4stuff
    #1 is still not fixed, changing the material removes the model from the shopping cart, this time using Firefox on XP

I changed to Firefox as I am unable to edit a description with IE and I'm not able to with Firefox either :( My description includes paragraph, anchor, heading and line break html tags - I did notice along the way that the edit box incorrectly put div tags in and I don't really want to type it all out (inc html) again just to add a sentence, is there a work around for this issue?

Cheers,
    Paul

[edit]
    Hit the return key to make the description stick.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  17. Hey Paul,

Apologies if this seems a bit repetitive but I just want to make sure we're capturing the issues that you're dealing with appropriately! : :cool:

1. You cannot select materials from the drop-down menu in IE8 or Firefox on Vista.

2. You cannot edit the description of models in IE8 or Vista on Vista.

Let me know what I've misinterpreted - I want to help!

18. stop4stuff
    Hi Christian.

1. Add a model to the cart, goto the cart, then try to change the material, the selector comes up, click a material and the page doesn't update, it is still greyed out, however the difference is now that the material has changed when going back to the cart. (IE8)

2. Using HTML tags, probably the heading tag, cause a new <div> to be added, making the desription uneditable - the description can be replaced though.

Mainly I use IE8.0 (occasionally Chrome or Firefox just to check if the issue is IE8 or the website) and my OS is XP.

Cheers,
    Paul

19. stop4stuff
    1. above is still not working
    haven't checked 2

And any news as to when the ability to just browse through all models will be back again?