Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 9694_deleted, Mar 9, 2012.

1. 71054_deleted
    71054_deleted Member
    Edit - I am now successfully popping, thank you!

Strange thing, If I hit the back button after being directed to the model upload page after popping, the image popper doesn't work, but if I reload it from the create menu, no problems.

I also dig how fast the product page now switches from edit to normal mode, makes downloading your own models a little less painful.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  2. CGD
    CGD Member
    I'm going to put this in as a bug, a bug that needed to be fixed long long time ago.

Why there is no "Add to Favorites" button for private linked models?
    You don't want these customers who order private links to come back for more?

And, yes, I am not in a good mood, because a client just tell me that he has lost all his private links to reorder my models.

3. CGD
    CGD Member
    More bug regarding private link:

Old private links, like older than Sept 2010 have lost their private link setting. When Edit Page is turned on, the private link setting area has no wordings:
    snap01.jpg

4. Hey GCD - Would you be able to provide me with the model IDs for which private links are no longer available for? That would help us track down the issue - thanks!

5. Cadalu - is this behavior consistent? I wasn't able to reproduce it myself. Want to make sure it's taken care of!

6. CGD
    CGD Member
    Here you go:
    156875 - This model was uploaded on 20 Sep 2010. And models below are older than that.

For comparision, 158392 was uploaded on 7 Nov, 2010, and still works.

One word on model ID. Right now there is no way to know of a model's ID unless it is in edit mode and looked at the URL. (Or did I missed something?) This is especially inconvenient when receiving a models shipped message in which only the model ID is shown. In order to see what models were actually shipped, I have to open every possible model and enter edit mode.

7. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    I can assure you that this is being worked on.

Until then, if you go to "My Shop" and download the Markup CSV file, where you can see all the Model#'s, the full Model Name, and the status (public/private) of every model in your shop.

8. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Here model id is always part of URLs, so hovering in the shop list or doing many other things shows the number. Or do you mean something else?

Edit: typo

9. CGD
    CGD Member

Okay, thanks, I see it now. But still, you have to hover above every model in order to detect which model was the one mentioned in the Models Shipped message? Would it be easier if the ID is shown below the model name? It is not a secret? If it is a secret then just show it in the owner's view.

10. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Yeah... It seems to be a trend of modern web, lots of clicks and hovers, because there is some idea that showing info would be crowding. Take the current listing: lots of white space... and a frame like if the spacing was not enough separation. Then "by You" all over the place, a redundant fact in this case. Next a tag showing not for sale, even if some are for sale (privately, but still for sale). So as suggested by stonysmith, get the CSV, all the info and you can twist it as you prefer.

Speaking of showing state (private/public), now all items "not for sale" seem to have a key attached in URL, no matter if private sale or only for creator. Bug? Feature?

And continuing, what does "From $$$" mean? The price is different to any of the provided in the material list, even if adjusted for VAT. What is the magic variable that makes things match?

OK, enough confusion for today. >_<

11. NingHuaDesign
    NingHuaDesign Member
    Hi, I've noticed another bug in shop section.

I added a section named "USB", and I could see "USB" option in the section selector in my model's edit page, I could even select this option. But "USB" option is not shown after log out. I mean, visitors can not see this option in my shop's section list.

12. 7PLAIN - Your shop sections are only displayed on your public shop page when they are populated with products.

I think you're trying to list your USB dust cap under the USB section? In which case you will want to edit the model and assign it to the USB section. After a few minutes you will see that shop section public in your shop.

13. 71054_deleted
    71054_deleted Member
    Not to beat a dead horse, but i'm still only having about a 40 - 50% success rate with image popper. Are there a backlog of images slowing things down? Vista -firefox 10

14. NingHuaDesign
    NingHuaDesign Member
    Here is what I found about the bug:

Step 1. I added a section called "USB" on the "My Shop" or "Manage Shop" page, then clicked "save" and got a note about changing being successfully saved.

Step 2. Then I went to "My Models" and clicked into a model called "USB dust cap". I clicked "edit product" on the top right and entered the edit page. I selected "USB" at the section selection area then clicked "on" at the top right to make it public again.

Step 3. I logged out and came to my public shop page. I saw no "USB" at the "Shop Sections" area. I could not see "USB" section after refresh by 3 times. It was not there.

So had I missed any step ?

15. It might take two or three minutes until the new section appears on your public shop page, and it might also take two or three minutes until additional items appear if you add them to an excisting section.

I followed exactly your steps, and as you can see here it works (...for me).
    One of those items is "test section only", the other one is also in my "n-scale turrets" section.

16. NingHuaDesign
    NingHuaDesign Member
    Thanks, pfeiffer. I had tried a few times of the steps these days, all not working. Well but, today it works.

At public shop page, is there anyway for visitors to choose between "$" and "€" ? I mean the shop's main page, not the model's detail page.

If a visitor is viewing the "designer" page, how can he go back to the shop's main page ? There is no such links.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  17. StewMM
    StewMM Member
    I have this.

18. Hi,
    I notice that using Firefox when I'm on the forum page and I want to reply at some post the PRFILE , PM, QUOTE and REPLAY are almost invisible.

Also on the home page the list of the Bolg titles it shows just few tiles.

Everything is ok using Internet Explore.

Dario

19. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    No change there then :confused

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  20. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    I was completely shocked when opening the gallery.

1) I haven't selected any of my pictures to be the default images. Why are they shown as default !!!!!

2) The pictures are completely in the wrong size. The effect is horrible.

PLEASE CORRECT THAT immedeatly

Bildschirmfoto-Shapeways | Woody's Minifig Customs in 3D by woody64 - Mozilla Firefox-1.png