Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 9694_deleted, Mar 9, 2012.

1. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
  2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Of all of them, this one I can say is not a bug. This one is shop owners listing items as both.

3. stop4stuff
    Clicking to rate a model, once, twice or multiple times does nothing using ie8 or chrome.

4. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Tom, are you seeing this on your "Shop" page or on the "My Models" page?

I have a few hidden models. They show under My Designs (with a from.. price) but they're not showing on my public shop page itself.

5. Well at this point, if there is no difference (but for me the difference exist!) betweens Necklaces and Pendants is probably better to have just one section: Necklaces / Pendants / Charms.

6. TomZ
    TomZ Member
    I am logged out. When I look at my shop page there are a few listed, but NFS models that show "from $xx.xx".

7. [​IMG]

line 9
    Empty elements must be closed.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  8. CGD
    CGD Member
    I cannot change currency from Euro to USD, and private link function also no longer works.

CGD

9. NingHuaDesign
    NingHuaDesign Member
    Just some questions and suggestions as a shop owner:
    * Thumbnail pictures.
    Thumbnail gives visitors the 1st impression of my models, before they click on to view detail. So thumbnail is veeeeery important. Here is my suggestion: Allow an independent thumbnail edit section in each model's edit page. Shop owners can upload their best pictures of their items, then corp for thumbnail of each model. But shapeways does need some better graphic definition works. Both thumbnails and major model pictures look ugly and wrinkled.
    * On " My Models " page, all prices are wrong, some are even marked " Not For Sale " while it is for sale.
    * Is there a link going from "designer" page back to main shop page ?
    * I can see obvious wrinkles from the larger images. Does the 700 x 519 pix still work ? I prefer the previous smaller view, it is NOT necessary to get that big.
    * If I didn't select certain material, they should not be shown in the drop down list, or it will make visitors confused.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  10. 53361_deleted
    53361_deleted Member
    You guys really need to figure out how we can display the models on the main page without the from price at the bottom of each model.... My models are for display only and are not available to the general public... but I need them to be seen... without any prices... Why would you make a change like that?... It really puts a downer on being able to direct people to my page to check out my stuff... I have my prices that I charge people for my products... you guys come along with your redesign and just throw up some random pricing on my parts that is not even close to either the real cost of the part or the price I charge... I have had to hide all my parts from view now and i am not happy about it at all.............................

11. Catwell
    Catwell Member
    Small issue but it is annoying, "remember me" isn't working again in the login box.
    Also as others have already said the thumbnail stretching is a little off-putting

12. Hi guys,

I just posted something similar in the original launch notification thread.

Thanks for all the feedback, both positive and negative!! We are working on correcting all of the bugs that you have reported and also taking into account some of the individual feature requests as well.

Regarding the Friday release, specifically. We completely agree that a Friday (or weekend) release is not ideal, or the right way to do things. We will do our best to ensure that our future big releases will take place early in the week from here on out.

Finally, one of the items included in this release was the test site so that a handful of users can login and test the release, along with our internal team and developers' automated tests. We pulled the 'launch' trigger too early on this release and didn't give our community enough time to test the site thoroughly. Our bad.

We definitely have room to improve here and will continue to release sooner to the test server and also slowly grow the testing group so that more people have an opportunity to poke holes in the site before we go live.

We will focus our responses on this thread on single individual issues. and are currently cataloguing all of the issues you guys are raising and passing them on to development.

Thank you so much for your patience. We all want Shapeways to be an awesome, reliable, amazing site, and we appreciate you working with us to make that happen.

13. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Hi guys,

I wanted to update you on some of the specific issues you've brought up here. I wont be responding to them all right now, but will be clustering them into bite sized chunks, and making a few passes. I'd like to assure you that every bug report and suggestion is being accounted for though. We're currently working on fixes and we will be doing a bug release early next week.

Cadalu -- you reported that the Image Popper isn't working
    This is a known issue and we're currently working on it.

novastar -- you reported that Google Analytics isn't working
    Is this associated with the Shops page, or the Product Detail page? We were able to fix this on our end, so could you please confirm that you're still experiencing the problem?

stop4stuff -- you reported that clicking on the cart button on the My Model page doesn't do anything
    Can you confirm this is still happening, and also let me know which browser it's happening in?

-- you reported that you are seeing models in the gallery which are probably set to private being shown as available
    We want to make sure that members privacy settings are maintained and respected and we take this very seriously. At this point we've tried to surface this problem and we'll be continuing to check on this preemptively.

CGD -- you reported that the change from USD to Euro wasn't working.
    We tested and weren't able to reproduce this. Can you do me a favor and confirm that it's still an issue?

I'll be following up with further updates.
    Thanks,
    Ana

14. novastar -- you reported that Google Analytics isn't working
    Is this associated with the Shops page, or the Product Detail page? We were able to fix this on our end, so could you please confirm that you're still experiencing the problem?

I only get a visitor hit on Google analytics in the real time wenn somebody is watching the shop section...i get no hits wenn they are watching a product

15. Thanks Novastar, we've verified this bug and added it to the 'to fix' list.

16. robs_mw
    robs_mw Well-Known Member
    Hi,

Sometimes, the country is shown as UNKNOWN (using FF).
    And then the submit button to change it doesn't work either.
    see screendump.

BR,
    Robert

Attached Files:

17. Thanks Robert! I haven't experienced this personally but we'll work on reproducing it reliably and then will promptly fix it :)

18. robs_mw
    robs_mw Well-Known Member
    Hi,

Your 'Most popular' sorting doesn't seem to work (both in shop owner mode as in 'customer' mode), assuming this is based on the amount of stars a product has.

Also some models have a star, but it's not shown in the 'My Models' (shop owner) or (customer) shop main-page view., and/or it seems each model gets a star when you go into the model page (as consumer).

(These or very similar issues might have been reported already in this thread)

You continuously forget about the earlier selected amount of models to view on a page (36)...it always reverts back to 12...inconvenient.

The From prices do seem to make sense to me (reported by others to not be correct).

I agree with an earlier poster that the 700x 519 photos do look a bit granular now.

I only see models which are for sale in my shop, no private models (but I still do see the 'not visible to public' materials -with price without markup of course- after changing currency in IE)

BR,
    Robert

19. stop4stuff
    Hi Ana,
    I'm using IE8. Clicking on the cart button in My Models now adds to the cart.
    Cheers,
    Paul

20. CGD
    CGD Member
    Hi Ana,

It still does not work in customer view, but is working now in Edit view:
    snap.jpg

PS. Private link still not working.

CGD