Detailed and realistic fox pendants

Discussion in 'Feature this!' started by Foxfur, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Foxfur
    Foxfur Member
    Hello people,

This is my first post here so I'm gonn start off with a quick presentation:

My name is Peter. I'm a young guy from Denmark. In 2006 I wanted to become a goldsmith, but I was unable to find an apprenticeship and had to put my dream on the shelf.

In the years to follow, I was struggling to find an alternative profession. I have been around some 3D modeling and digital illustrations, and settled at Graphic Design, but haven't been able to take the education yet.

In 2014 a friend told me about Shapeways and I quickly realised that this was the perfect opportunity to pick up that old dream again. Having spend many hours in my sparetime making 3D models, it was no problem for me to just sit down and start designing. So I did.

I have a passion for foxes in particular and your best designs comes from your passion, so making fox jewelry is the obvious choice for me.

I am proud to present you to my latest addition to my shop: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/sketchfox.

These 3 little fox pendants, shown in Matte Gold Steel, Polished Gold Steel and Polished Nickel Steel has a high level of detail and realism. I aimed to get a realistic representation of some of the poses that you'll find foxes and other canines do, like the pounce, a jump, and sitting on it's bum with paws up.
    Animal jewelry isn't uncommon and comes in many varieties. I strive to put as much perfection into my models as I can in terms of proportions, details and realism, in order to create an attractive and impressive look.

The pouncing fox came in Nickel Steel, and when you look in the material properties on shapeways.com, it looks polished and shiny.
    My print came with a dark grainy surface with only a bit of polished surface shining through. I believe that this is because shapeways has changed from a nickel electro plating, to an actual steel/nickel alloy. I can't verify this, but if this is the case, I think it's an amazing upgrade as the surface won't wear off.
    I was able to polish it to a nice high gloss shine with a buffing wheel and polish paste, which is why it looks shiny on the photo.

I hope you'll enjoy and find the foxes beautiful. Feel free to leave your feedback in a comment. I would love to hear what you guys think! :)

Thank you!

View attachment 104373
    View attachment 104374
    View attachment 104375
    View attachment 104376

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  2. Looks great! Good luck with that!

3. katkinkead
    katkinkead Well-Known Member
    Hey!! These are absolutely beautiful - I'd love to feature them in our blog this week. I'll shoot you an e-mail directly with more details :)

4. FabMeJewelry
    FabMeJewelry Member
    Oh yes I've seen this on FB I think in the group? really like this !
    You should find every forum, fbpage, anything that has to do with foxes and let everybody know the magic can be found here ----> https://www.shapeways.com/shops/sketchfox

5. Foxfur
    Foxfur Member
    That is a really sweet comment! Thank you! :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  6. seriaforma
    seriaforma Well-Known Member
    Nice work.