Designing dice for dice snobs

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by gumball, Aug 30, 2010.

1. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    Great.

Anyone else ? let me know :)

2. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
  3. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
  4. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    Yes, There are many very skilled Shapeways designers there - i already posted about it on page 2 of this thread :)

Gumball, your order of 4 dies arrived this morning and the system didn't freak out with a markup of 10 cents per die - so folks the sale is on till Monday :D

Check out the last of the "Pre-Historic" dice theme :
    "Pre-Historic D4 Dice"

pre-historic D4.325.jpg

Cheers,
    Dizingof

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  5. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    What better gift idea for a Dice collector / spouse / girlfriend then this.. :D

Naughty Dice

naughty dice.334.jpg

Cheers,
    Dizingof

6. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    Hello,

I'm glad to report that both Gumball and Kevin took advantage of my offer for ZERO markup on my dice collection during last weekend.

Both ordered approx over $150 with no markup.

Here is a new cool Ancient Royal Dice

Royal Dice.344.jpg

Cheers,
    Dizingof

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  7. stop4stuff
    Unfortunately the 'Chained Die d6' didn't work out, my appologies to those who ordered it. I'll be re-working it and ensuring that it really is printable (i.e. order it myself) before publishing the model in my shop.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  8. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
  9. gumball
    gumball Member
    That is ultra cool!

10. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    Thanks

11. gumball
    gumball Member
    Too bad I'll have to wait another year for your next sale! :D

12. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    lucky me :p

13. stop4stuff
    Hey ho.

Looks like my Extruded Pipe Die D6 isn't printable in stainless either... again, my apologies to those who ordered... I don't know if that will be possible for stainless without losing the style of the design (but I may try it again sometime)

Also, is there a protocol for the number ordering on a D12 other than opposite sides adding up to 13?

14. gumball
    gumball Member
    Odd, I ordered the pipe die and the chain die. I got that message about the chain die but not the pipe.

Here's keepin my fingers crossed!

15. stop4stuff
    I ordered the extruded at the same time as the chained, both in stainless, the chained failed 2 days ago, but as yet I've not had my order for extruded fail.

Anything about D12s you can tell me Gumball... I've got a stepped version with numbers ready to plant onto faces.

16. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
  17. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member

Did you get the Swirl dice in metal?

I'm now told it cant be printed in metal... nor the Spherical Helix Dice :confused

How can 1.5mm thick pipes be to thin.. when for ex. the Octahedral Dice was already printed in metal and it is a 1.5 mm pipes.. and even less? :confused

MINT24_SHAPEWAYS_DIZINGOF_OCTAHEDRAL_DICE.jpg

18. mctrivia
    mctrivia Well-Known Member
    steel minimum diameter is 3mm with 1mm clearance

19. gumball
    gumball Member
    The order has been accepted, but is not yet "in production". However that is the same order that had the chain die rejected, so the swirl and the pipe die may still be printed?

*crosses fingers*

Brian
    a.k.a. gumball

20. Depends on the size. Rule of thumb seems to be that 3mm is the minimum accepted wall thickness on any model over 5x5x5cm, but on smaller models they will accept down to 1mm.

I had a couple of my I Ching trigram pendants printed in steel. They have two 1.5mm diameter rods serving as the threading loop, and suspending the actual trigram, and they printed just fine.

Andy