concern over silver polishing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LincolnK, Sep 29, 2011.

1. 71054_deleted
    71054_deleted Member
    Does SW consider this an acceptable finish? This is a completely flat piece, not something with hard to reach areas.

silver2.jpg

If this is standard, I would be terrified to send something to a customer sight unseen.

Edit - this is silver glossy.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  2. LincolnK
    LincolnK Member
    cadalu,

Did you send that picture to SW customer service?

You definitely should. It's the best way to make sure that there is better quality control.

I wouldn't consider that acceptable at all.

Lincoln

3. 71054_deleted
    71054_deleted Member
    Lincoln,

I did send pictures and an email to customer service. My first order had significant scratches but it was a strange shape and not the easiest model to polish This second order is two completely flat pieces that are quite scratched. These aren't tiny scratches you only see when you zoom in on the detail, they look exactly like this to the naked eye from quite a distance.

I have polishing equipment on hand so it's not a big deal, but could you imagine this being sent to a customer?

silver1.jpg

If this is what glossy silver looks like - fine, but it doesn't match the example photos or the SW description above of no scratches.

I have no idea if I should order glossy or regular in the future. I have another order arriving on Tuesday so we'll have to see if I get three in a row like this.

Definitely worth the discussion because before I saw your post I had no idea I might be getting something with scratches.

4. erckgillis
    erckgillis Member

Ugh that is not polished, that is just scratched. Perhaps to many parts together in the SW tumble polisher?

Not acceptable, no way I'd send to my customers.

I'm now thinking I need to ship all my items to me and do a post production polish, shine and wax before shipping direct.

:confused

5. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Definitely something went wrong there. My non-polished silver pendant looked like a polished piece it was so nice...

Glenn

6. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    @cadalu that's definitely not up to par. What did CS have to say about it?

7. 71054_deleted
    71054_deleted Member
    @Ana - CS as always is wonderful. They agreed the finish wasn't what was intended. My subsequent silver order was better but still had a few minor scratches. Can't wait to see more designs to get a better idea of what to expect.

8. Thanks for the post and interesting read guys! Much appreciated!