Color printing error

Discussion in 'Materials' started by steeveesas, Feb 12, 2011.

1. bartv
    bartv Member
    @steeveesas: You can mail it to bart@shapeways.com. That's hardly a secret address ;)

@dizingof: our production team is aware of the issues with the infusion. It's difficult to control. The thing is though, if we *don't* infuse the models they're a lot more brittle and will sometimes not survive shipping..

Bart

2. steeveesas
    steeveesas Member
    SUCCESS!

First color print for me...and very satisfied with the results. This was just a trial, and I was dissapointed at first when following the directions things weren't working out and it seemed hopeless without tons of work.

bartv - you are a man that knows his software! I bet it's like you said. I did what you suggested and joined the parts that were going to share the same materials anyhow. Once I did that things uploaded perfectly!

So now I know how to go back and color some of my other models.

Here are a few pics of the uploads I did with a few color variants.

@bartv: do you still want me to send you my .blend file? I will do so if you like, but if you are satisfied based on this post then there's no reason...

Does this mean that for color printing 17 objects (16 joins) is the max before colors become mixed?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011