Co-creator weirdness

Discussion in 'Customizable Products & Design' started by aeron203, Jan 31, 2011.

1. aeron203
    aeron203 Member
    During the past week or so several copies of my co-creator models turned up in My Designs as if I had ordered them. I can see they have actual values that are clearly someones request- not random. They are not in my "To-Do" List so I can't edit and upload the orders. I sent a message to customer service and they said that someone had probably ordered and then canceled. That seems very unlikely since the orders occurred over several days, so someone would have to order and then cancel immediately several times. Also, I did not receive any email notification that an order had taken place, which should happen immediately. Now more than a week later they are really piling up. One made it through, but what is going on with the rest?

People are ordering from my shop and I am unable fulfill their orders! Apologies to anyone who is waiting on a customization!

Anyone else experiencing these things?

2. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    I have not seen this yet, sounds very odd.

I just now tried one of your co-creators, and saved it for later, shows up in my designs. Does is already show up at yours?

If need be I can order and cancel one, to see what happens?

Cheers,

Stijn

3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Virtox, I'd hold off on that. I'll bug some people and get the ball rolling, if it isn't already.

4. virtox
    ok :)

5. virtox
    @aaron: what does your order overview show?

Got another weirdo:

Someone just ordered a co-creator, but the todo list says this :

These are the values provided by Stijn van der Linden:

with a link to myself...

The customer has requested to be kept updated, but this way I don't know who it is ;)
    Edit: This has become even weirder, my to do list on the my design page Is showing two entries.

One with customer info, one with my info, both link to same item that shows me as customer..
    Well, at least I know who to contact.

Edit2:
    I use "my favorites" as a shortlist and have this co-creator in it.

"my favorites" is now also showing the model as ordered by the customer?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  6. virtox
    Update:

I have fullfilled the co-creator request, both items in the list have been updated.
    I received an email is if I was the customer, that the customization was done.

Just now, while testing, If I fill out a co-creator without logging in using a different browser.

I added it to the cart, where it does not show a preview, and I cannot visit the link any more:
    https://www.shapeways.com/model/208832/ambicage.html

However as soon as I had added it to the cart, it showed up under "my designs" in my other browser, where I am logged in as virtox.

Removing the models from the cart (anonymous), does not remove them from my design. (virtox)

So if someone fills out a co-creator anonymously and adds it to the cart, it shows up in "my design" of the designer.
    The status is NOT "available to all", probably explaining why the ordering user can not see the model anymore..
    With the designer account I can remove the filled out co-creator model..

Hope this helps in tracking the issue.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  7. virtox
    Another update:

I have another co--creator order, this person obviously got confused with the not being able to see the model after adding it to the cart, as "my designs" now contains four extra clones with the same values ;)

My todo list shows >one< new entry with my own name as the customer. And again it links to myself.

Ghost in the machine?

8. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Thanks for the update Ben!

9. virtox
    Thanks!

I saw a (partial) fix was implemented today.

But the todo-list is still being weird.

One order still shows double entries, one for me and one for the customer. (208591)

Update:

This morning I full-filled another co-creator request (208913)
    which only showed up as if ordered by me.
    (which it wasn't, though a happy coincidence that I know who the customer is)

I myself have received a message "Shapeways | Your design has been customized", but the customer has not..

After full-filling, it has disappeared from the list (instead of showing the time I uploaded the file)

Things are falling through the cracks?

Cheers!

10. aeron203
    aeron203 Member
    My experience is slightly different.

I completed a co-creator last night and everything went normally. I see the uploaded file in the To Do list, and I did not receive the "Customization completed" email that goes to the customer.

So, the fix appears to have worked fine for me.

11. barrys
    barrys Shapeways Employee Dev Team
    I was indeed an artifact from the cocreator problem. I cleaned them up now.

Regards,

Barry

12. virtox
    Hi Ben,

Yes, I have been in contact with Barry, and he has fixed things :)

Thanks!

Sitjn