Alligator skull

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Camazine, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    All images look good to me. You got far better results from Catch than I ever have!

2. Camazine
    Camazine Member
    Just wanted to let folks know that someone recently ordered a print of the alligator. I assume it it someone who has been participating in this discussion. Unfortunately Shapeways Service says that the skull could not be printed even in Frosted Ultra Detail because of thin areas on the model. I knew that there were thin areas on the model, and tried to fix them with MeshLab. Apparently I still missed a few areas. The original model that I printed in Stainless steel also had these thin areas but printed fine.

If anyone wants to download the model I have online, they are welcome to do so. I will change the settings to allow downloads. However, I really would appreciate it, if you would also share the model if you work on it, so that others could benefit from your work.

Thanks,

scott

3. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    I can't view the CT monkey scan either. I suspect my clicking on it also generated a download even tho all I saw was the dreaded red X. The other two images were fine. Viewed in Internet Explorer 8 running under Windows Enterprise.

Scott, I use ZBrush and would be willing to download the free programme you mentioned for viewing and exporting scan files. If you would like to send me a scan I could work on it and be willing to share whatever luck I have. Please send me a PM if you're interested.

Glenn