Set Pricing By Markup Instead Of Total

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by robots78, Mar 26, 2024.

What's easier when pricing listings?

1. Enter markup value

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Enter total price value

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. robots78
    robots78 Member
    When I'm setting up a marketplace item listing, I always choose one markup value and then apply that markup to every material.

As it is now, I have to do the math to add my markup to the print price and then enter the sum into the "total price" field. It would be so, so, so much easier if I could enter a value into the "markup" field and let the total price be calculated by the site instead.

coelian276 likes this.
  2. coelian276
    coelian276 Well-Known Member
    Haha, a new one. Sorry, i don't want to make fun of you, but this is demanded by the community for YEARS now. I'm totally, 100%, and absolutely on your side, but i fear this will never happen. I have no idea why not, as the value of the markup must be saved individually, because every time they change the prices, this markup stays the same. I just don't get it, why it seems to be impossible to edit this value instead of the final price.

robots78 likes this.
  3. Echoco
    Echoco Well-Known Member
    Many years back Shapeways did let you do either, but they took that away along with many other features over the years. Its safe to say since they took the feature away they'll probably not adding it again.

4. barkingdigger
    barkingdigger Well-Known Member
    Given how badly my sales have tanked due to high prices, changes to rubbish materials, and ludicrous shipping, it doesn't really matter how they calculate mark-ups...