Ad For Discontinued And Renamed Materials? Seriously?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by coelian276, Jun 2, 2021.

1. coelian276
    coelian276 Well-Known Member
    It has been how long since Frosted Ultra/Extreme Detail has been renamed to Smooth/-est Fine Detail Plastic? And how long can't we order Black High Definitition Acrylate anymore? Still i get this ad everywhere on the site:

BHDA ad.jpg
    Seriously? Why are you advertising something you do not offer anymore? The two links to the materials are dead. But that's not the only place where those old stuff is still displayed. In the descriptions in 3D tools we still can find the old names Frosted Ultra and Extreme Detail. This must be very confusing to new members. To make things even worse, it is also still mentioned there that the orientation affects the price. This is also not true. It was once, but not any longer. It also buggs me that on the "Eddit Product" page the pictures for discontiued materials like BHDA or the old Acrylic ones are still displayed when updating a model. Can't you just purge those from the system? I really hate having to make a new listing for a long running item just to get ridd of them.

So i suggest before you make any new change to the site, complete the old ones first.

If i would do my work like this, i would get fired instantly....

starbuckshollow likes this.
  2. Greaseball
    Greaseball Well-Known Member
    I think all such problems are scheduled to go away after Shapeways becomes a publicly traded company. :D

starbuckshollow likes this.
  3. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    That definitely doesn't look good and shouldn't have happened.
    Can you let me know where you saw this ad so I can investigate?

4. coelian276
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2023
  5. coelian276
    More than two years later and still showing the same ad! In the meantime even both materials are not offered anymore.

BHDA FUD AD.jpg

Facepalm Quadruple.jpg

6. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    That's definitely not good, sorry for missing this previously.

I have filed a report to investigate and resolve this issue!