Model preview not showing current model

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by lensman, May 5, 2012.

1. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Approx 10 hours ago I uploaded a new model. As I made revisions I uploaded about 5 different versions, however the static preview image has not changed at all since the first one was uploaded.

The image should show a bail on the pendant on the right hand side (pendant lying down) but it is missing. The dimensions are correct, however. Finally, I uploaded the pendant standing up and very briefly saw the image correctly at some point during the process. Believing I hadn't allowed enough time for the system to update (never a problem before) I left it overnight. However, still the image has stayed the same.

Now, if you click on the spinning 3D preview it DOES show correctly! (as it did last night).

If you want to see this for yourself please click below.

LINK HERE

Glenn

2. WillLaPuerta
    WillLaPuerta Well-Known Member
    I've got the exact same issue with one of mine. Luckily it's not something I've put up for sale yet.

3. Dragoman
    Dragoman Member
    Seems to be a general problem. Others have reported the same issue, to. At least, in this Thread, they have promised the developers "are already on it".

Greetings
    Karl Heinz

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  4. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hey guys,

Development team is on it and will release a fix as soon as possible for this.

My apologies for the confusion!

5. Is this Bug still around?

Because some of my images and thumbnails don't seem to want to update.

6. WillLaPuerta
    It's still happening with a bunch of mine.

7. lensman
    Is there an update as to when this is going to be corrected? I mean obviously something that wasn't broken was "fixed' and what wasn't broken before sure is now!

8. lensman
    Now finally working...

Glenn

9. Thanks for the patience Glenn :) Our recent images release should have resolved this completely. If you notice any problems, I just subscribed to this thread so you can just reply here :D

10. WillLaPuerta
    Well, the images from before they started updating are fixed, but now I've got a couple new ones that seem to be stuck. Is it just a matter of time?

11. I just sent you a PM to get some more info :)

12. lensman
    Great, and there I was getting all excited....

Glenn

13. WillLaPuerta
    Well, the weird thing is it's only the previews in my shop or models page where it's not working. The larger images on the product page work just fine. I've tried refreshing the page, but it didn't change anything.

14. lensman
    Yes, you are correct. I hadn't noticed that. Something very strange is going on. The preview page of a model I uploaded a couple of weeks ago is showing correctly, however, the preview of a model I uploaded yesterday is not updating (but large image on product page is).

Glenn

15. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi Guys,

Happy to report this bug was fixed in todays service release!

So, when you upload a new version of your model, the image updates also.

Natalia