Home » Community » It arrived! » Torus knot!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Torus knot! [message #47296] Sat, 21 April 2012 00:03 UTC Go to next message
avatar erjiang  is currently offline erjiang
Go to my shop
Just got this today!

It's my first order from Shapeways, and I was concerned about how thin the structure is, but it came out great! Diameter is 13 cm (5.1 in) so it's quite a nice size for a tabletop sculpture!

index.php?t=getfile&id=16255&private=0

By the way, how do people typically markup their prices around here?

• Attachment: 5knot_sm.jpg
    (Size: 124.63KB, Downloaded 211 time(s))

Re: Torus knot! [message #47304 is a reply to message #47296 ] Sat, 21 April 2012 09:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
That's a pretty cool model - for added wow factor you could have the same printed with a ball inside the lattice tubing.

Markup is up to you, 30-200% is not uncommon, personally I go for 20-50% or sometimes more depending on the popularity of the model.
Re: Torus knot! [message #47319 is a reply to message #47304 ] Sat, 21 April 2012 16:20 UTC Go to previous message
avatar erjiang  is currently offline erjiang
Go to my shop
stop4stuff wrote on Sat, 21 April 2012 09:54

That's a pretty cool model - for added wow factor you could have the same printed with a ball inside the lattice tubing.

I hadn't thought of that! I was actually planning on threading a light through it, so I had to leave the inside open for this one.

Previous Topic:Gear Head by OSKAR
Next Topic:Oskar's Magic by OSKAR

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.