using image popup without the bounding rectangle?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by 134274_deleted, Apr 17, 2012.

1. I really like to use the easy way of image popup for some simple designs, but find something confusing: What if I want a couple (say 10) of 1 mm x 1mm x 1mm cubic? There is no need for the base, and the bounding rectangle as required by the webpage tool. When the job finishes, I am expecting to receive 10 separate pieces and they are not connected. Is this against the rules of using easy creator?

By the way, I am asking because my model was rejected to produce
    https://www.shapeways.com/model/538758/drawing_1__2mm.html

2. You wouldn't be able to print a 1mm cube because it would get lost in the tray. For example, taking WSF, the bounding box of any independent part must add up to at least 7.5mm.

To remove the rectangle, you could try downloading the model and opening it in Google SketchUp (or another free tool). Selecting and deleting that component should be fairly straightforward, then export as STL and upload as a revision on the product page.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  3. Well, let's say 2mm x 2mm x 2mm cubic then... Still don't know how to get rid of the bounding box.

4. To download it, I believe you need to edit the product page then "enable downloads." That ought to put a download link on the product page. Same again to turn downloads back off if you want.

Then SketchUp as above. It should amount to selecting the rectangle and hitting delete, but you may need to have the right tool enabled to select it (hand or arrow).

5. Thanks!