Hello from Minnesota & 1st Order with Samples?

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by Mazzmn, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Mazzmn
    Mazzmn Member
    Hi from Minnesota everyone
    I've wanted to try shapeways for sometime and finally got around to creating a design I'd like to order.
    I'm wondering if I can place my first order and immediately use my $25 discount from the sample package
    https://www.shapeways.com/model/133452/shapeways-materials-sa mple-kit.html?modelId=133452&materialId=43
    I was hoping it would just add $5 on to my order

I'm putting together a presentation on 3D printing and Shapeways for my local computer club / linux user group and I think the sample kit would be great to pass around...but I'm running out of time to order the sample kit and wait and then order my gadget....any ideas if I can turn this into one order without spending $30 for the kit?

As way of background I am kind of a noob here...I have done some 3D designing in SecondLife and have used Sketchup a little and that's what I have used for my first model...I have only briefly tried other 3D drawing applications. The gadget I chose to build is a simple ROT13 decoder wheel. I hope it will be fun to use with another hobby which is Geocaching

Maybe you can tell but I'm really looking forward to getting my first order sent in and sharing the coolness of 3D printing
    Thanks in advance for any help
    Mazz

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  2. Mazzmn
    Mazzmn Member
    FWIW I found out from the sales/services folks that this is not possible, have to put in 2 orders