Default and Most Popular not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lensman, Mar 13, 2012.

1. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Since the thread discussing the problems we are encountering with the site since the new changes were introduced (sound familiar to a problem a few months ago?) here is another one:

If you enter Shapeways as a browsing shopper (i.e. do NOT log in) and got to your store (or any store) the order of models displayed is set to Default. Quite what Default is I don't know. At any rate if you change that to Most Popular NOTHING AT ALL CHANGES - all models stay in same position as the default one which, by the way, is NOT by most popular (which would seem logical to me to be the "Default" method).

Please fix this problem and, I suggest, make the "Default" view "Most Popular". Right now I have some less than ideal models that I did more or less as a test showing up first in my store!

Glenn

2. noc146
    noc146 Member
    My own strict preference is for Alphabetical A-Z, as I have a lot of models which are very similar, with just detail differences, and I need them in one particular order so that my customers can find the one they are looking for. At present, they appear totally randomised, and no matter how much I select my preferred Alphabetical, they always revert to random.

Can we not please choose the order we want? Some want Most Popular, some want Alphabetical, but surely we should have some control over how our models are listed in our shop, rather than Shapeways imposing an unsuitable arrangement?

3. Bathsheba
    Bathsheba Well-Known Member
    Default is the order set by the shop owner using the inventory management tool. This is correct behavior: when people view my shop, I don't want models sorted according to any scheme other than "the order I said they should be in".

They can re-sort them later by whatever foul scheme they wish, but it's my shop and the default should be what I want, which is what it is now.

4. lensman
    Agreed, except that Default and Most Popualr are exactly the same right now and Most Popular does NOT sort by the most popular!

Glenn

5. Hey Glenn - attached is an image of Bathsheba's shop on default order.

Screen shot 2012-03-13 at 11.35.04 PM.png

6. Screen shot 2012-03-13 at 11.35.20 PM.png

... And here's Bathsheba's shop on Most Popular. As you can note they're both quite different.

Perhaps you could give some more insight into the potential issue you're encountering with most popular sort so we can best diagnose the issue. Thanks for your patience Glenn it's much appreciated!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  7. Bathsheba
    Bathsheba Well-Known Member
    ...by which you can tell that what people want to buy is completely different from what I want to sell them. Bleargh!

8. lensman
    [second time posting this - grrr!] Just tried replicating this and problem seems to have been corrected. A bug fix must have been snuck in sometime!

Just have to figure out how to set the default view to "most popular" now.

Glenn