Home » Support » 3D Design » Crossing the "Thin Line"
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Crossing the "Thin Line" [message #42796] Thu, 26 January 2012 11:36 UTC Go to next message
avatar Plumguy  is currently offline Plumguy
Go to my shop
Got an error that my model has a "thin line" error.
Minimum seems to be 0.7 mm
The initial check did not pick this up.
Anyone out there able to advise what's wrong and
how to fix this, please?
Thanks in advance.

Re: Crossing the "Thin Line" [message #42807 is a reply to message #42796 ] Thu, 26 January 2012 16:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
The download attachment does not open.

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: Crossing the "Thin Line" [message #42809 is a reply to message #42796 ] Thu, 26 January 2012 16:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
The initial check, doesn't check for wall thickness. It checks the model to see if it's a solid mesh. The wall thickness has to be checked manually right now.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Crossing the "Thin Line" [message #42813 is a reply to message #42809 ] Thu, 26 January 2012 17:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Plumguy  is currently offline Plumguy
Go to my shop
Youknowwho4eva wrote on Thu, 26 January 2012 16:15

The initial check, doesn't check for wall thickness. It checks the model to see if it's a solid mesh. The wall thickness has to be checked manually right now.

Thanks for the advice.
Guess I have more tuts to review! Smile
Re: Crossing the "Thin Line" [message #42846 is a reply to message #42813 ] Fri, 27 January 2012 03:37 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
The file uploaded above was a ZIP file.. no real problem there.. just needed the extension changed.

Then, your model has a number of flipped faces.. Once those were fixed, the model appears to be correct. (Repaired file attached.)

What units did you specify when uploading this? If it was millimeters, then it's too small.. if you select Inches, then all the sizes here should work for the FUD material. If you're using any other material.. the segments in the top section (flame?) are all too thin.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:need some questions answered about my minecraft model
Next Topic:Could this model be printable ?