FREE SUSHI!*

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by aeron203, Jan 23, 2012.

1. aeron203
    aeron203 Member
    Normally, when you hear the words "free sushi" you would immediately become suspicious. In this case, I really am giving out perfectly good sushi that just happens to be digital.

I made this digital sushi to create renderings for my new Tetra-block Sushi Dishes. This is a great application for 3D printed ceramics, so I thought I'd give out the sushi to help others in making their own designs.

I have a California Roll, Eel Roll, Shrimp, and Ginger.

[​IMG]

The Tetra-block sushi dishes are available as a complete set of 7:
    Sushi Blocks - Complete Set
    [​IMG]

...or a la carte:

Sushi Block Dish - O
    [​IMG]

Sushi Block Dish - T
    [​IMG]

Sushi Block Dish - L
    [​IMG]

Sushi Block Dish - J
    [​IMG]

Sushi Block Dish - Z
    [​IMG]

Sushi Block Dish - S
    [​IMG]

Sushi Block Dish - I
    [​IMG]

Of course, one should only use renderings pending the receipt of the real thing. In this case a full set is over $350 so I am going to start slow. The full Digital Sushi Collection is attached to this post if you'd like to play around without clicking through all the pages. Hungry yet?

--------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE: After doing a little more research I find the Russian programmer who originally created the awesome puzzle game that inspired my dish designs finally formed a company to get a little income for his stupendously popular creation. My dish designs are not infringing on his software of course, but I find he has trademarked the name of his game, so I will describe my product generically. I am OK with that, it certainly doesn't make them any less fun! Incidentally I still use the keyword, and I have no idea of the implications of that, so if someone wants to weigh-in, I'm all ears.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  2. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Whoa dude!

It's a little bit mind bending -- my stomach says "eat", my brain says "not so fast!" Are you thinking it would be used for display purposes, or is this just for the fun of it?

Also, I'm going to switch this to the "Work in Progress" section. ;)

3. aeron203
    aeron203 Member
    I figured these models might come in handy for renderings before actual sushi dishes show up. I am confident the results will look very much like this, but notice I do clearly state on the model page that the images are renderings and it hasn't been printed yet.

I think a few sets of these dishes would make for a pretty stylin' (but geeky) spread. Maybe catering for a puzzle convention?

4. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Agreed.

I'm a big fan of the dishes themselves. How long till you get some of them printed?

5. aeron203
    aeron203 Member
    Um... as soon as I get paid. ;)

I normally wait to get the print before releasing the product but this idea was just too fun to keep quiet!

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Don't complete a line! You'll lose your sushi lol.

7. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Haha!