Would love some help. Trying to do something for charity.

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by yonibinstock, Jan 19, 2012.

1. yonibinstock
    yonibinstock Member
    Hey ya'll.

I'm designing a donation box in the shape of the globe to sell with half of the revenue going to a charity.

But I need your help!!

1) First, I need a way to open the globe so that people can get the change out when its full. I'm thinking the easiest way would be to have a split around the globe 2/3 up (think where the tropic of cancer is.

It would be able to be just lifted off and there would be grove in the bottom half, that would fit the top half which would have a fitting extrusion.

I would really appreciate any help developing this by either downloading my model and doing it yourself or telling me what to do.

(As a side note: If you think there is an easier way to develop a system to access the change, please let me know)

2) I was attempting to make a rectangular hole in the top (to allow the user to put in change). For some reason, I could only extrude and not make a hole. Any idea why? Something to do with curved surfaces?

If you have any other ideas on making this a great donation "box", please let me know. I would love your feedback.

Model can be found in the attachment.

Thanks
    Yoni

Attached Files:

2. bubby9534
    bubby9534 Member
    I might be able to take a look at it... but I'll need 3ds, obj, or lwo.

3. aeron203
    aeron203 Member
    Maybe you could just modify the Giant Hollow Two-Color World model on Thingiverse.com and some generous person with a dual-extruder printer might make it for you.

Attached Files:

4. yonibinstock
    yonibinstock Member
    Very interesting suggestion.

Thanks!

5. For removing the coins, when the globe is lifted off the base, the coins fall out the hole the base rests on. Then the weight of the coins sitting at the bottom of the globe will provide more stability.