Home » Community » It arrived! » Anchor of Resilience
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Anchor of Resilience [message #37710] Tue, 01 November 2011 00:40 UTC Go to next message
avatar Perefim  is currently offline Perefim
Go to my shop
This is the first creation I have brought into the world, but it is merely one of the many to come.

index.php?t=getfile&id=11715&private=0

I was pretty excited, and while I understand it is only a jewelry piece was pretty bummed that no one really shared my excitement about it.

But anyways, my work is my work, is usually not understood by those who know me. No post processing fun or anything like that, just print and love.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 November 2011 00:40 UTC]

CEO of F.E. Energy, LLC - http://www.fe-energy.com/
Re: Anchor of Resilience [message #37712 is a reply to message #37710 ] Tue, 01 November 2011 01:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TurtlesAreCool  is currently offline TurtlesAreCool
Go to my shop
Your piece does look nice. Judging by the size of the printing artifacts, it's fairly small. Can you explain the name a bit - why is it the anchor of resilience?

I, too find that it is difficult to make things when there is no feedback. I depend on the feedback from people for energy and for perspective. Sometimes, I need the direct criticism to improve what I make. So, keep showing things (unobtrusively) to your friends and family, and soon you'll have a good source of constructive criticism and feedback. Some people I know were immediately enthusiastic. Others were skeptical or extremely confused ("You carved this?"). Over time, though, their understanding of the possibilities and the limitations of the process has expanded. Now, my friends and family are starting to generate ideas of their own.

So keep going!
Re: Anchor of Resilience [message #37739 is a reply to message #37712 ] Tue, 01 November 2011 18:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
What may help you get feedback is to offer a story about the piece. I find that is one of the hardest to create, but most valuable elements of a marketable product.

While looking at your piece, I was very intrigued by the name (great name, btw!), the modeling is clean and well executed, and I scrolled down hoping for a story to explain the meaning of the name and piece. I was honestly disappointed when there was none. I would have just moved on if you hadn't sounded disappointed yourself about no one sharing your excitement.

So tell us a story - people love stories!

If you're new to 3D printing, learn the secrets from a professional. Get my book "3D Printing with SketchUp"
Re: Anchor of Resilience [message #37864 is a reply to message #37710 ] Thu, 03 November 2011 14:40 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Ditto what Marcus said (although I am guilty of this myself, too)!

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Silver Watch Case
Next Topic:SS Ring with Poly Clay Baked In

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.