Home » Community » Work in progress » Successful trapping of polishing media!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Successful trapping of polishing media! [message #35518] Fri, 30 September 2011 15:09 UTC Go to next message
avatar gibell  is currently offline gibell
Go to my shop
I printed out an icosahedron recently, and coincidentally the holes in the faces were just the right size to trap the polishing media for WSF. When my icosahedron arrived it looked like this (two pieces already removed):

index.php?t=getfile&id=11219&private=0

Apparently the polishers figured removing the 6mm diameter rods was not worth it, but a few minutes spent with some toothpicks and I got them out of their cage.

The icosahedron is just the core piece of this puzzle, which I have showed in a previous forum post. This version actually uses 10 different pieces and is consequently much more difficult.

Re: Successful trapping of polishing media! [message #35519 is a reply to message #35518 ] Fri, 30 September 2011 15:11 UTC Go to previous message
avatar gibell  is currently offline gibell
Go to my shop
Here is a picture of the entire puzzle (half assembled) with the icosahedron inside.
index.php?t=getfile&id=11220&private=0

Previous Topic:Help joining small helicopter blades
Next Topic:3ds Max Ring Failure to Process

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.