limiting materials a product is available in

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by 91317_deleted, Jul 12, 2011.

1. 91317_deleted
    91317_deleted Member
    I design primarily in metal. That means my wall sizes are different than designing for glass or sandstone. How do I restrict what materials a person can buy my designs in? I would like to offer my designs only in materials that they can be successfully printed in.

Is there another thread somewhere about this topic?

2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    On the model page, below 'catergories' you have 'Not available in' and a drop down menu. Just below that is a clicky-linky 'Add all materials' - click that, and then click the trash can next to the materials you want your model to be available in. And just below the 'Add all materials' is a menu for choosing the default material you'd like people to see in the gallery and on the model page.

Click on [Save Changes] at the bottom of the page and then refresh the page.

You can now add your markup for each material you have made available, but you must save each change.

You can also do all of the above by clicking on 'Go To Product Inventory' (making changes there only needs one save after all your changes have been made)

Hope this helps,
    Paul

3. 91317_deleted
    91317_deleted Member
    Thanks Paul! That's what I needed to know. Once I figure it out a bit, this system is pretty easy to use.
    Cheers,
    B