Experienced video game 3d artist

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 46743_deleted, May 26, 2011.

1. 46743_deleted
    46743_deleted Member
    I'm that guy who does your 3d models! Well, I can be. :D

I can do props, weapons, scenery, vehicles (sci-fi and otherwise) and of course, GREEBLES on demand (those cool little details like on Star Destroyers)

The cost and time-frame of each job to be negotiated before commencement to ensure your satisfaction with the end result!

Each job includes the 3d model in your choice of formats and the .PSD file of any textures.

PM me if you need some 3d!

Expertise:
    Maya
    3dsMax
    Zbrush 4.0
    photoshop

Experience:
    7 years using Maya and 3dsMax
    3 years in the games industry doing props, Environments and FX

Website

Showreel

Rate:
    50USD/hr

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  2. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    Great showreel but the website link didn't work?
    V

3. 46743_deleted
    46743_deleted Member
    Thanks for the heads up! Link is all fixed now :eek:

4. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    Nice 3d models!

Just a quick question: making stuff for 3D printing is way different then for video games (in my opinion)
    Do you have got experience with 3D printing?

5. 46743_deleted
    46743_deleted Member
    None yet, but give me a job and I'll answer a yes! Call it branching out :D

The material thickness requirement is quite different from video game development, but all in all the 3d modelling principals are very similar, especially when considering a small prop or a character. Closed surfaces, manifold geometry and normals that aren't all wacky is the stock standard with current generation assets.

Of course, if you are talking about a massive scenery backdrop or large set piece, that's where it starts to get a little different and back face culling comes into it- but manifold geometry and correct normals is still 100% priority, just like in 3d printing.

Thank's for the interest! :eek:

6. if you have the things that you have modeled in hand then load them into your shop and make them available to buy. this will show that you mean business- literally- and you have the chops to create for printing.

the props that you have, for instance, could be easily adapted for 3d printing. there are those on shapeways that would like this sort of thing too.

my .02