Home » Community » Co-Creator Feedback » Automatic co-creators
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Automatic co-creators [message #26379] Fri, 22 April 2011 17:41 UTC Go to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Hi all,

As I mentionned during the latest podcast, I would like to see some new features for the co-creator templates.

First, I would like to be able to upload several models in one product page (say the different kinds of numbering of a same die) and when the customer choose one of it through a radio button or a drop-down menu, the appropriate model is ordered without me having to upload again this model (currently, I have nothing to design, since all the numbering are already done, I just have to upload the correct file). See this example. Could be useful also for ring sizes for instance.

And, something new, a slighly different request for Color Sandstone: if a co-creator only requires to upload an image, then appropriate zip file could be automatically generated by packing the VRML of the designer with the image from the customers (with a standard name like "image.jpg" for instance). See this example. 95% of Color Sandstone co-creator templates could work with this (if the customer is careful, obviously).

The goal of these two requests is to have some co-creators that work without any intervention from the designer (so no additional working day, and potentially a smaller markup since there is no additional time spent).

Is it something other designers would like to see? Is it doable?

[Updated on: Sat, 23 April 2011 12:21 UTC]

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: Automatic co-creators [message #26512 is a reply to message #26379 ] Mon, 25 April 2011 16:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey Magic,

I remember that request. I'm presenting poring over the suggestions that came in with Ben (aka horst) to figure out which suggestions might be implemented in a month's time as a high reward quick fix. Not yet sure if this falls into that category, but this does seems like a valuable bunch of features -- good for shoppers, good for designers.

Let me talk to some people and get back to you. Wink

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Automatic co-creators [message #29502 is a reply to message #26379 ] Wed, 22 June 2011 20:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
May I ask if there are some update on this?

I understood that Baroba would be also interested, and I am sure other shop owners will find these two features useful.

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: Automatic co-creators [message #29504 is a reply to message #26379 ] Wed, 22 June 2011 20:54 UTC Go to previous message
avatar virtox is currently online virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
yes and yes Smile

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -

Previous Topic:Wall thickness Issues
Next Topic:To Do List Error

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.