Automatic co-creators

Discussion in 'Customizable Products & Design' started by Magic, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Hi all,

As I mentionned during the latest podcast, I would like to see some new features for the co-creator templates.

First, I would like to be able to upload several models in one product page (say the different kinds of numbering of a same die) and when the customer choose one of it through a radio button or a drop-down menu, the appropriate model is ordered without me having to upload again this model (currently, I have nothing to design, since all the numbering are already done, I just have to upload the correct file). See this example. Could be useful also for ring sizes for instance.

And, something new, a slighly different request for Color Sandstone: if a co-creator only requires to upload an image, then appropriate zip file could be automatically generated by packing the VRML of the designer with the image from the customers (with a standard name like "image.jpg" for instance). See this example. 95% of Color Sandstone co-creator templates could work with this (if the customer is careful, obviously).

The goal of these two requests is to have some co-creators that work without any intervention from the designer (so no additional working day, and potentially a smaller markup since there is no additional time spent).

Is it something other designers would like to see? Is it doable?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  2. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Hey Magic,

I remember that request. I'm presenting poring over the suggestions that came in with Ben (aka horst) to figure out which suggestions might be implemented in a month's time as a high reward quick fix. Not yet sure if this falls into that category, but this does seems like a valuable bunch of features -- good for shoppers, good for designers.

Let me talk to some people and get back to you. ;)

3. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    May I ask if there are some update on this?

I understood that Baroba would be also interested, and I am sure other shop owners will find these two features useful.

4. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    yes and yes :)