No way to delete a product that has no associated model.

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by draw, May 28, 2016.

1. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    I assume this condition was caused by a bug or bugs, and I can't eliminate the situation. I basically have three products that were generated by two uploads of the same model. I deleted the two models in the my models section but the products that were associated with the models won't leave the inventory page. If I try to edit the models from the product pages it says they don't exist. All three product pages have different SPIN numbers. The products can also not be set for sale (because the models no longer exist), and if you try you get an error with a red banner across the top of the page.

More info:

The first upload of the model was earlier around May 8th and I didn't do anything with it until today. Today I didn't see the model in my inventory and I figured out that I had to set a product category for a model to show up there. However TWO products of the same model then showed up in the inventory. That's when I decided to delete the model to make the duplicates disappear and start over with a fresh upload.

After this I did a fresh upload today, set a product category and looked at the inventory list. That's when I noticed the original two were still in the inventory list plus the new 3rd copy. Finally I deleted the latest upload from the my models list but the three instances of the product remain in the inventory list. All are useless.

So back to the original question. How can you delete a product from the inventory list, particularly if things are hosed up like this?

orphaned products.jpg

And another thing which may or may not be related, the Show Unprintable Models doesn't seem to do anything anymore. It just shows the my models list when the box is checked.

2. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
  3. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    I'm still having the same problem of deleting models but having them remain in the inventory list (without an associated model) and no way to delete them. Is this a known bug? Is there a solution in the works? Is there anything I should be doing before model deletion to avoid this problem?

The latest example is for an old, old model I was trying to purge from my memory banks which means I now have 4 total instances of this happening.

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Sorry I must have missed your post. I'll report this.

5. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    Thanks.

If I try to edit the attached models for these things it goes to the oops it can't be found page. That means we can't simply upload new models to recycle them into something useful.

My other idea was to specify no category on the Details page since if that's missing things don't seem to show up in the inventory list. But alas you can't set no category once a category has been chosen. You can only change category to another one on the list.

6. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    I am now up to 33 deleted models that can't be fully deleted. I might try for some more!

7. draw
    draw Well-Known Member

I played around with some uploads today trying to see what was happening in the delete process. As far as I can tell there must be multiple lists and the references are not always being deleted where required. Perhaps things are never fully erased and that SPIN numbers from deleted things are being sent to the cornfield never to be recycled. But sometimes they refuse to leave completely.

"test blob" file
    address pre-delete accessed from the my models list:
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/VHW75K3AP/?key=8560401acb6 8256713c5ddfd452f4782
    address pre-delete accessed from inventory list:
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/VHW75K3AP/?key=8560401acb6 8256713c5ddfd452f4782&li=shop-inventory

now let's delete the part from the my models list but it can still be accessed from the inventory list and the address is:
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/VHW75K3AP/?key=8560401acb6 8256713c5ddfd452f4782&li=shop-inventory

Basically no changes in the SPIN or key but it's still on the shop-inventory list.

8. Youknowwho4eva
    I was told it's a known bug. There's an issue with them becoming disassociated.

9. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    I stuck the 43 deleted models at the end of my inventory list. At this point there must be thousands of these in the system so I assume that eventually the computer gurus will run a batch job to delete them all, or perhaps give users the ability to delete things in the inventory list. Spring cleaning is never fun!

10. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    This now appears to be fixed! There's a little X box next to each item in the inventory list that's just asking to be clicked if you need to delete one of these bad boys.

mygadgetlife likes this.
  11. mygadgetlife
    mygadgetlife Well-Known Member
    Yep it's fixed. Goob job on the 'X' in the inventory, a long needed upgrade!

Steven

12. Youknowwho4eva
    Yes! Glad this is finally resolved :)