Home » Support » 3D Printing » Will Shapeways print the textures of my 3D models on them?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Will Shapeways print the textures of my 3D models on them? [message #22931] Sun, 23 January 2011 01:48 UTC Go to next message
avatar Joshpho  is currently offline Joshpho
Go to all my models
I searched around a bit, but I wasn't able to find anything discussing texture support. Will shapeways print the textures on my 3D Model, and what are the limitations to this?

Thanks for any help,
-Josh
Re: Will Shapeways print the textures of my 3D models on them? [message #22940 is a reply to message #22931 ] Sun, 23 January 2011 18:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar minimaker  is currently offline minimaker
Go to all my models
Do you mean physical textures? Or more like texture mapped on the surface like you see with many computer games?

In the first case I'd say yes, though depending on the texture the model may be heavy. In the second, I'll leave that to others. I've no idea if such a model can be translated into a model suited for full colour printing.

Bye,
Ming-Hua
Re: Will Shapeways print the textures of my 3D models on them? [message #22941 is a reply to message #22940 ] Sun, 23 January 2011 19:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Joshpho  is currently offline Joshpho
Go to all my models
Hi,

I'm referring to a texture mapped on the surface-- Specifically, an image-based texture put on the surfaces of a Sketchup Model.
Re: Will Shapeways print the textures of my 3D models on them? [message #22942 is a reply to message #22941 ] Sun, 23 January 2011 20:00 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Image based 'bump maps' no, colour based 'brush maps' yes - http://www.shapeways.com/materials/fullcolor

Previous Topic:Not Cleanable--Not cleaned
Next Topic:text STL file: what units? mm? cm?