Software Developer Launches Kickstarter Campaign to Help Provide 3D Design Courses to Beginners

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1203890_deleted, May 27, 2016.

1. I am trying to bring 3D printing to anyone that is interested in learning. I am creating a course that will take you from not know ing anything, to designing your own parts, printing them out and also building your own 3D printer. I have a Kickstarter that has been fully funded to create this course. If anyone is interested you can still get the course for only $15, if you pledge before the Kickstarter ends on June 16, 2016. If you can't make a pledge at this time, it will be available on Udemy.com once I have a good amount of content created. It's a really good deal for all the information you will learn. Here is an article on the project that was written on 3dprint.com

Link to Article:

https://3dprint.com/135801/tran-3d-design-course/

Link to Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/755057766/become-an-inv entor-learn-3d-design-and-3d-printing

2. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    Nice job on the campaign. Have you talked to your biggest backer yet? They seem like they'd be someone interesting to work with being that they are willing to pay out that kind of money to learn.

I don't think you'll get much of a response at this forum being that most of the regulars here are deeply involved in 3D modeling and 3D printing, but an idea I had was to make a product on here and put it up for sale and then advertise there in the description. I know my shops get far more traffic than the forum does.

Hmmm... What kind of product are people wanting to do their own 3D modeling and printing looking for? I know there are a LOT of people looking for custom drone stuff and I'll bet those same people would love to be able to make their own custom designs for their drones. Oh and, speaking of drones, Shapeways just started a contest today concerning such that you might be interested in entering.

3. Thanks for the input. I will definitely take a look at the drone accessory market.