Need to combine Pyramids into a Cube

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 1079230_deleted, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Hi all,
    I am working on a project for class and ran into an issue at the end. I have 6 pyramids stored in separate stl files that need to be scaled down and made into one single cube that would then be printed.
    I attached each of the 3 stl files containing a the pyramids below. Each pyramid is used twice for the sides of the cube in the name of the file.
    Any help on this would be very much appreciated
    It is also worth nothing that for this to work each pyramid has to be scaled such that the height is half the length of one of the edges of the square bottom.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  2. Shea_Design
    Shea_Design Well-Known Member
    Sorry to inform you that your model elements are not 3D print compatible, you have 2d faces that are infinitely thin, triangles that also taper to infinity by meeting at a single vertex. I might be able to shell it for you but it will need to be quite large and thus expensive to print. I'm trying a volumetric retopo as I write this. I'll be back -S

EDIT: New info, your model also suffered from random flipped normals prompting the comments above. Simple shelling has restored the model to what I think you intend, 1, 9 and whatever number of windows on each opposing face tapering to the middle. I'll see if it passes the model checks. -S

UPDATE: Ok so your Menger sponge failed one upload/technique and passed a preliminary test after a volumetric retopo and some clipping (zbrush terms). The model is NOT error free due to the assets and information supplied (or not). If you want a clean version PM me or wait for the other freelancers to PM you. The model does not have to be as big and expensive, I just chose this material and scale at random. -S

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  3. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  4. 1015383_deleted
    1015383_deleted Well-Known Member
    pm sent