Ring Bracelet second prototype by OSKAR

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Oskar_van_Deventer, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Oskar_van_Deventer
    Oskar_van_Deventer Well-Known Member
    Hi Shapeways fans,

Ring Bracelet is based on an idea by Carl Hoff. Carl's idea was to have a puzzle ring, in which the set of rings is linked in a loop, similar to Weave Five, such that the scrambled puzzle can be worn as a bracelet. He calculated that 10 rings would be needed for this. Bram Cohen analysed what the order of the rings should be in the solved state. Oskar found a weave that worked, and he produced a few prototypes to perfect the design.

This is the second prototype, which has three layers of weave, making it a bit more robust than the first prototype.

Watch the YouTube video.
    Buy the puzzle at my Shapeways Shop.
    Read more at the Non-Twisty Puzzles Forum.
    Check out the photos below.

Enjoy!

Oskar
    Ring-Bracelet-v5-view-0.jpg
    Ring-Bracelet-v5---view-1.jpg
    Ring-Bracelet-v5---view-3.jpg
    Ring-Bracelet-v5---view-5.jpg
    Ring-Bracelet-v5---view-6.jpg

2. katkinkead
    katkinkead Well-Known Member
    Wow this is so interesting, it'd be great to see a video of it unraveling in action. Was it hard to 3D model, did you have a reference piece to go off of?

Awesome concept for jewelry. Things that fit together and can store well. so cool!

3. Oskar_van_Deventer
    Oskar_van_Deventer Well-Known Member
  4. katkinkead
    katkinkead Well-Known Member
    Love your fast & specific response! Very cool. Look forward to seeing what you make next. You have a very niche expertise :)

5. Very cool! I love this project and your videos!